Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are they safe for pets?
I'm talking about my room where my dogs basically "live" and majority of the times the room door is closed.
I read things that plugins aren't safe and can lead to cancer and other things.
Put I really want to buy a plug in or even light a candle.
Obviously the candle will be high up away from them
And I'm always taking care of them in the room so it's not like they'll mess with the plugin (I highly doubt it)
What do you use?
Which is "safer"

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Since dogs have a really sensitive nose, I would get a candle that is made for around animals. Some pet botiques sell them, I believe.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Yes, there are pet deodorizing air fresheners that come in a can/plastic jar and are unscented, and that is what I would recommend. Plug-ins get kind of hot, so I make sure they are not close to the crate. I have used the D.A.P plug-ins, never the air freshener kind. Candles create particulates in the air, which is not good in a closed area.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know that about candles.
I bought the deodorizing air fresheners. It's a solid gel that's pet safe.
Last time I bought the lavender I went yesterday and decided to try the fresh linen. It's not as strong or nice smelling. But I know the less smell the better for the dogs but it can be a bit frustrating at times personally. Obviously I love my dog and don't want them out my room either.
If I get plugins it won't be near the crate. Their is an outlet near the 2 crates but it be away from the crates (opposite wall)
Although I am becoming"okay" with the pet safe deodorizing gel but the Lavender smell.
Or I also like the smell "cones" I use to buy the sensitive scent but it would only "smell" for one day. Which I didn't like although they were only about a dollar.
Or even smell "beads" but they also don't smell after a day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts