Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to have a carrier no bigger than 10" H 11"L and 20"W to fly with Teddy. All the carriers I find are either to tall or to long. If anyone knows where I can get a good carrier in those measurements please let me know! Thanks!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I've had a million different bags and by far the sturdi bag is the best bag out there for travelling with your pet. I've used it a couple of times to also fly with and it fits comfortably under your airline seat. Its a little bit pricey but worth every bit of the money. We have got 3 now. Also, we ordered ours from this company pure products and they have excellent staff who even called me to ask how I liked the bags. You can also put in a request for a different color if you dont see it listed and if they have it, they will send it to you!

http://www.pureproductsinc.com/products/carriers/sturdi-bag.asp

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks those are cute. Unfortunatly I'm flying airtran and they have the most insane requirements for a carrier! I mean really 10"H - fine easy I can find that. but the 11" LONG and 20' WIDE!t Nobody sells short and wide carriers! Cant I just buy a regular carrier and turn it sideways?!? I don't know. I called the airlind twice and both times they just kept repeating the sizes and the price, they couldn't tell me anything else....ugh whatever!! Thanks for the help yall!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
If you're taking it on the plane with you, then as long as the 10" high measurement is met, the other two should be fine. Turn it sideways for take-off then turn him where you can see him once in the air.

I found this on the Petco website... it's specifically made to fit under seats in airplanes and fits the requirements you're looking for: http://petco.com/Shop/Product.aspx?...5043&PC=productlist&Nav=190&N=22+4935+30+5043

·
Registered
277 Posts
Relax! Trust me, when you get to the airport to check in the ladies at the counter are not going to break out a measuring tape and check the size of your carrier. Its just needs to be airline approved and fit under the seat. Every time I've flown, they haven't even taken the time to look inside the carrier or check my health certificates. :lol:

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I bought my duffel bag style carrier at Walmart.. It is the perfect size for flying.. it even says right on it that is is approved for flying...

It is really nice because it has one side that is al mesh and the 2 ends both open and they are mesh as well so now matter how you put it under the seat you will be able to see in it and the pup will be able to see you... I think it was only $16.00 and it is actually really roomy for the pup... Gadget loves his... he will go in it all day long as long as the door is open...

he likes his frontpack better for going places tho...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts