Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I can't sleep at all!!! Gemma comes home on Monday. We're leaving on the 9:30 train from our city and arriving in Stockholm at 12:30. I cannot stop thinking about her at all. I'm so excited. I've spent almost $100 shopping online for her to give me something to do while waiting, lol.

I'm thinking about pulling an all-nighter since it's already 3:00am. Then hopefully I'll be sooo tired by tonight that I'll fall asleep early enough to get a full night's rest for our trip to pick up Gemma.

I think we're going to go to my boyfriend's mother's tomorrow and see if she can alter a basic canvas tote bag of mine to make it a doggy carrying bag. I want to carry Gemma around out in public everywhere before she's able to walk around on her own, since she won't have her last set of shots for two more weeks. I don't want to keep her from being socialized while we're waiting!

So, was anyone else this restless before getting their pups? I've tried drinking non-caffeinated herbal tea that's supposed to ease your nerves and make you more relaxed, and I've been taking valerian root to try to make me sleepy at night too, but it's having no effect! Maybe I need to pop a benadryl.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Oh yes its very normal and a couple of days seems more like a couple of years. Time goes by so slow when you waiting for your baby to arrive.LOL

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know! It has felt like a month already. Just 32 hours left until I see her precious face in person and get to hold her.

Still haven't slept, by the way. It's almost 6am now.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
It will be here before you know it, get some rest, you are going to need it. And GOOD LUCK have a safe trip, 6 hours is a long ride and then you will have 6 hours back home with your little Gemma to bind. (love the name you chose)

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know, I just can't sleep right now. :( I've been laying in bed but all I can do is think about getting her and planning everything. I think I will have to just completely tire myself out today and pass out early tonight.

And it's actually only a 3 hour trip. I don't know what I was thinking when I wrote we'd arrive at 3:30! Our train home leaves at 3:30, lol. We're meeting the breeder at 1:30 outside the train station. She is driving down in her RV so we can sit inside and do all the paperwork in there. That way we don't have to find our way to her house from the station and risk missing our train back home.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
I'm so excited for you! Have fun and make sure to go through everything one last time before you leave, so you don't forget something important! Can't wait to see the
pictures of little Gemma.

·
Registered
688 Posts
How exciting!!! I would not be able 2 sleep either lol, can't wait 2 see pics!!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
It's always hard to wait to pick up your puppy, but the last 24 hours are always the hardest.
Have fun picking up your new friend for life!

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
oh yes i was the same! :p i cried and couldnt sleep after i saw her! XD was the longest wait ever! and the drive i had to the breeder today brought it all back! but sadly i have found out that tillies mummy is v unlikely to have another litter :'( but i have a plan :D i would tell you all BUT it would provoke bad responses! x

·
Registered
3,889 Posts
I waited 2 weeks for ninja I could have died waiting all I did was talk about it 24-7 and count down the hours and mins haha! It was love at first sight when we met! this breeder was 2 hours from me she delivered him for free luckily at that time gas was still cheaper lol

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey, girls. Just finished cleaning the apartment and getting everything set up for Gemma. We went to my boyfriend's mother's today and she was sweet enough to alter one of my tote bags into a dog carrying bag. It came out pretty nice!

I am actually finally feeling exhausted. I still haven't slept. I will definitely crash early tonight, probably within an hour or two. :) Can't wait to go pick up Gemma tomorrow!!

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Not too much longer! I had to wait two weeks to pick up my Chloe, so I definitely understand the feeling. It is so worth the wait though!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hahaha Caitlin i know you are very excited. I know how you are feeling just now you said her birthday is 23 feb well Ruby is 24 feb.Can't wait to see lots and lots of photo's of you'r little one hope you have a lovely 1st day with baby Gemma HUGS

1 - 20 of 42 Posts