Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh boy iv just been trying to get ruby used to a lead and she is soooo stubbon she just stands there and wont walk and closes her eyes lol nothing seems to entice her not food not squeky toys not even her best man jacob wow iv never had such a stubbon girl!! any ideas anyone

·
Registered
400 Posts
I had a similar problem with my pug. He was so stubborn as must pugs are. I made it into a game of chase and stayed consistant everytime he moved while on the leash he got a treat. After a few weeks he came around and now walks great and is only 2 pts. away from his Championship.

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats a good idea if she thinks its a game she runs a little but then realises what im doing lol!
thats great that your pug nearly has been champed is it done with points over there then over here its if you get 3 cc certificates

·
Registered
400 Posts
Over here you must get 15 pts and 2 majors under 2 different judges. My Newf is has 10 pts and her 1st major. My pug has both majors and 13 pts. I got them around the same age and always tried to show them at the same shows, so they will finish at the same time hopefully.

Cooper was shown and got best puppy of breed :D I was so proud!, I was hopeing to finish him, but I dont want an intact male and I have his "snip snip" date but Istill have time to change my mind. How is Jacob not being fixed?

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
he has his moments he does like to lift his leg alot but my tyke used to do it then we got him neutured thinking he would stop and it didnt change him stil the same and stil sfter the girls just as bad like jacob lol sounds like you have done really well with yours i wanted to champ jacob its stil early days but his coat is very fine compared to some my last judge said he is a bit immature! i thought she meant he was acting up lol but apparently she meant he stil has to grow

·
Registered
400 Posts
Cooper has little coat aswell, at maturity I bet his coat will be very similar to Jacob, Do you have any pictures of Jacob at 5 months? How much dose Jake weigh now?

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
he weighs 3 lb he has stayed quite small really he is normally the smallest long coat at the shows and everyone comments on that so not sure if its good or bad at shows but he is doing quite good il have to look for some photos of 5 months il post them asap

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rite so i think he was roughly that age here-

actuly yeah it was coz it was his first practice show at his ring craft classes

·
Banned
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it would be a dream come true if he did but i dont think so there are always better dogs with more hair and even though the breed standad says its basically feathering around the feet ears and chest which he has plus long hair on his body they always go for the really long coated dogs overall at the end

1 - 11 of 11 Posts