Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't they line up so pretty?

I took the girls to the park today. It's a fairly large one by the University, so traffic goes really slow and there's rarely anyone there...especially in the heat of summer. As expected, we were the only ones there. This are the girls after a short walk on the nature trail. I would have taken pictures during, but all you would have seen were three dogs with their tongues hanging out. I brought a thermos full of ice water and there were plenty of shade trees around, but we still roasted. After about 15 min., even Boo (who normally thrives in the heat) started to lag, so we packed up and headed home.

Home at last! I dont know why, but I just love taking pictures of them while they're sleeping. I swear, half the pics I take are of sleeping chis. LOL

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
Nothing wrong with pics of sleeping chi's. They look so peacefull when they sleep
...not to mention very cute. Great pictures.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Oh they are all so precious!!! The girls are beautiful, and that little boy of yours has the sweetest face! He looks like the sweetest guy! :)

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Your babies are precious!! The three of them looked worn out, and are sleeping like little angels. Thanks for the pics.!!

I read a thread on here I think by Yoshismom about giving dogs ice water when they are hot. I would be careful with it. It was a scary story. It should still be on here somewhere.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Yeah, giving them ice water when they are real hot isn't good. Just use cool tap water. :)

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
They're all three adorable. Poor babies look very worn out! I know the heat is a killer right now! Holly and I went for a walk tonight and half way though she stopped and sat on my shoe, which in her world means "pick me up and carry me the rest of the way".

I love sleeping pictures too :)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Tricia...your story of Holly sitting on your shoe was just too cute.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. And a special thanks for the water info. Will use cool tap from now on.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Don't they line up so pretty?
Home at last! I dont know why, but I just love taking pictures of them while they're sleeping. I swear, half the pics I take are of sleeping chis. LOL

That's cuz they're little angels when they are sleeping!! :) Tilly looks like a littler version of Pearl!! Boo looks so sweet. What cutie pies!!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's cuz they're little angels when they are sleeping!! :) Tilly looks like a littler version of Pearl!! Boo looks so sweet. What cutie pies!!

She does, doesn't she. It's funny too because of the four pup litter, their one brother was white with a few cream spots and their other sister was white with black spots (like a cow). Only these two came out black and tan just like their mother. They have their mom's coloring, her coat's texture, and her ginormous radar ears. They have their father's sweet apple heads though. And his much smaller size.

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
Aw, they are fantastic. It's amazing how much smaller Tilly is. How old are they and what are their weights? She looks half the size but they are identical. I love the big ears. Love them. I used to adore Bam's big ears. It's just what I think a chi should look like. They look so cute. Hope all is going well over at your place. I know it gets stressful for you. You're a great Mom for hanging in there, just remember that.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Aw, they are fantastic. It's amazing how much smaller Tilly is. How old are they and what are their weights? She looks half the size but they are identical. I love the big ears. Love them. I used to adore Bam's big ears. It's just what I think a chi should look like. They look so cute. Hope all is going well over at your place. I know it gets stressful for you. You're a great Mom for hanging in there, just remember that.
I'm not a real big fan of the big ears. I loved Poppet's little furry ears. Pearl's are furry though, so that makes me smile in remembrance now and then. It's funny thinking about the two girls because their personalities are just so different. Tilly is brave, bold, adventurous...and a royal pain in the butt witch. She bullies everyone. You should see her in attack mode. Though Pearl is larger than Tilly, she will leap onto her back feet, spread her front paws out side, and then leap frog onto Pearl's back. Such a hoot. And loves to be petted and have her belly rubbed, but not much of a lap girl.

Pearl is sugar personified. She loves playing with Boo and is only grouchy when her favorite treat or has her sleep interrupted. Loves sitting in your lap and will often run interference if you try to pet any other dog but her. She's also a grade A pig. This dog will eat anything that isn't bolted down.

Things are going well right now, but I admit that I am still trying to decide whether or not to keep both. If I do take one back, it will be Tilly as she's the one I'm most concerned about. Her small size just worries me. And with it seems to come other interesting issues. Her bladder problem. My anxiety over her getting hurt. Dietary concerns. It's a lot of work, and having two puppies is exhausting, and I'm not even at a job yet. I imagine doing all of this and commuting, grading and planning (if I'm teaching), and it's enough to make my head spin.

But for now they're here...we're good...and I'm getting tons of support from board members.

As for size, I posted pictures and info on the comparision thread today, but I'll reslist the facts here.

Both girls are 23 weeks old. Coloring is pretty much identical except for Pearl's feet. She has just the tiniest spot of white on her feet...and a little piece on her chest. Their mom was a very smooth and glossy coated black and tan but with white spotted legs. Father was a beautiful chocolate double coat (he came from a long coated father) with lighter tan markings. He reminds of a chihuahua version of a red doberman. Tilly is two pounds while Pearl is 3.2...though she's probably packed on a few more ounces since our last visit. Man, she's such a pig.

Boo is six pounds, but looks larger for his size. He has very long legs. I don't know anything about his background as he came from a petstore here in town.

·
Premium Member
16,071 Posts
Things are going well right now, but I admit that I am still trying to decide whether or not to keep both. If I do take one back, it will be Tilly as she's the one I'm most concerned about. Her small size just worries me. And with it seems to come other interesting issues. Her bladder problem. My anxiety over her getting hurt. Dietary concerns. It's a lot of work, and having two puppies is exhausting, and I'm not even at a job yet. I imagine doing all of this and commuting, grading and planning (if I'm teaching), and it's enough to make my head spin.

But for now they're here...we're good...and I'm getting tons of support from board members.
Don't feel bad about Tilly's size intimidating you. It is very time consuming caring for the wee ones. It is not the same as caring for a bigger one. They usually don't fare very well in homes where the care giver isn't there most of the time to oversee them. It's a lot of work, so your worries are understandable. You are doing a great job with Tilly, and if it turns out that you don't feel you can give her the right care, I applaud you for putting her needs first. I have 4 wee ones here, and it is an all day job. From the time they open their eyes until they close them at night. The 3 older ones have full access to my house now that they are grown (minus all bedrooms except mine and bathrooms). So I spend all day making sure they are safe and sound. And at meal times I have to make sure they all eat instead of nibble. When bedtime comes around, I'm definitely ready to close my eyes. :lol: I enjoy every second of it, but just wanted to point out that I do understand how much work it is. (((Hugs)))

1 - 17 of 17 Posts