Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daisy got to go for a car ride with us to the flower nursey but daddy wouldn't let her come in, even if she hide in my purse. So she stayed in my son cars seat and waited like a good girl.

Here are some pictures of her and my son on the car ride. She decided she felt more secure next to my son in his car seat. She did very well and big brother cuddled her all the way and would inform us from the back of the car that Daisy was doing good.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awwww, your kids are adorable (two legged and 4)! :)
Thank you. Some days I wonder about the two legged one, his sister seems to listen better than him and shes younger than him, lol. but of course I love all my babies, especially my little prince as I call him.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
The pictures are very cute. You might want to consider getting her a soft sided carrier JUST for the car rides. I know she probably enjoys her freedom but if you have to stop quickly, that could be very bad for her. I love to let my chis run around the car but after being in a car accident (and being unbelievably grateful my dogs were not with me), I realized just how quickly their lives could end if they were loose in my car. I don't use a hard crate because if they slam into that, just as much damage can be done...instead I use a soft sided carrier and I buckle it into the car with a seatbelt. Truth be told the dogs are just as happy to ride in there as they were loose and they are so much safer :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The pictures are very cute. You might want to consider getting her a soft sided carrier JUST for the car rides. I know she probably enjoys her freedom but if you have to stop quickly, that could be very bad for her. I love to let my chis run around the car but after being in a car accident (and being unbelievably grateful my dogs were not with me), I realized just how quickly their lives could end if they were loose in my car. I don't use a hard crate because if they slam into that, just as much damage can be done...instead I use a soft sided carrier and I buckle it into the car with a seatbelt. Truth be told the dogs are just as happy to ride in there as they were loose and they are so much safer :)
I actually picked up a soft sidded carrier today at the salivation army. I have been looking for one that wasn't going to break the bank or my shoulders and happily found one for a great price. All cleaned out and she simply lays down in it and of course its going to take time for her to get use to it.

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
Glad you found something to safely restrain her in the car. I am always so surprised to see people with tiny dogs jumping freely into the back window and such. At least around here. Mine are tethered to the car just like your sweet son.

Why not take her to the nursery/garden center? Are pets not welcomed there? We take ours (I am as much an avid gardener as a Chi lover!) to all I go to. One even has out water bowls and offers treats. The owners happen to have a couple of dogs themselves (white fluffy dogs, perhaps Maltese or the like) so they post that dogs are welcome.

They are both just precious. Thanks for sharing the pics!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Glad you found something to safely restrain her in the car. I am always so surprised to see people with tiny dogs jumping freely into the back window and such. At least around here. Mine are tethered to the car just like your sweet son.

Why not take her to the nursery/garden center? Are pets not welcomed there? We take ours (I am as much an avid gardener as a Chi lover!) to all I go to. One even has out water bowls and offers treats. The owners happen to have a couple of dogs themselves (white fluffy dogs, perhaps Maltese or the like) so they post that dogs are welcome.

They are both just precious. Thanks for sharing the pics!
I didn't see no dog sign which I tried to point out to hubby, but hes a firm believer that the only dogs allowed in stores are service dogs. And if the dog isnt a service dog its unsanitary for the dog to be in a store.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts