Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some people wanted to see pics of the diff car seats we all have, so i decided to start one...:D

**Write what car seat you have and where you got it! :)

I have the outward hound car seat for under 20lbs...i got it at petsmart.

they are both buckled in if i am driving this was just for pics:D

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Piggiepi said:
Sweet! Another chick that drives a stick! :) I love driving my car just because of that. I have the same carseat for Yoshi.. I'll have to take a pic when I get home. (^_^)
yeah! i drive stick, its really fun :D :thumbleft::thumbleft:

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
That's a great idea!! I need to check out PetSmart!! Tito has a shoulder bag that I carry him around in, but no car seat. Awesome!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Does anyone know if there are any carseats that can fit between two front seats? So that it'd be right between the driver and passenger?

·
Registered
178 Posts
luvballet said:
Does anyone know if there are any carseats that can fit between two front seats? So that it'd be right between the driver and passenger?
See this page at www.gwlittle.com for a seat that sits between the front seats on the console. Click here.

I'll do a picture of mine in a little while. I have the lookout seat but not this model. I'm packing to go on a trip with Sadie Belle today. Daughter is taking Shiloh on a trip tomorrow (different place). I think she is going to get the Outward Hound seat from PetSmart.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Great thanks ^_^ I was actually looking at this one a little while ago, I didn't realize it went between the seats :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
I really like this company - I've bought a number of items from them already. They have Zukes treats and some others that are really good. I love the harness they show in the pictures of the car seats. I bought 2 of them but the pups are too small! Shiloh will probably grow into hers but I don't know if Sadie ever will. She is still very tiny though she is growing some now. Her legs have gotten very long and her body is starting to get longer. Weight wise, she is still just barely 1.5 pounds. I'll do my picture shortly. Back to packing!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lookout car seat

I purchased this from www.gwlittle.com. It's the charcoal grey microsuede regular size - holds up to 22 pounds or something like that. Both dogs fit in it nicely.

You can see how the seat belt fits in the back of the groove and goes under the pad (see 2nd picture). In the first picture, you can kind of see the harness that goes around the seat belt. There is a thumb snap latch that I have attached a small splitter to and each end of the splitter snaps to the dog's harness. Shiloh is modeling the harness but you can barely see it. This is the tiny harness available at PetSmart on the collar and leash aisle. The last picture just shows the amount of room but its not the greatest picture. Sadie wouldn't let me put her harness on so I couldn't get both dogs in there.

I also wanted to add that this weighs less than 10 pounds. With the dogs, the whole thing weighs less than 15. This isn't heavy enough to trigger the airbag weight limit in the front seat so they are allowed to sit in the front. If you have front airbags, check to see if they are triggered by weight (many cars from 2004 on are to protect children) or see if you can turn off the front passenger airbag.

There is also a drawer under the seat for putting snacks and toys in. Very handy. I keep my travel water bowl there and some treats and a rag.

·
Banned
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
great pics everyone! :D car seats are def a must, we have all read about people having accidents with their dogs...you never kow what could happen. and its always better to be safe then sorry :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts