Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,I would like to know if anyone has ever used a nomal car seat made for kids, for their chi,s instead? My chi loves to look out the window when the car is moving, but if I,m travelling by myself i have been tying his leash around the seat belt, to try and keep him still , but he,s not happy about not being able to see out.I,m wondering if i could somehow convert a baby car seat? or please tell me what u use to keep your baby happy.Thank,s allthe best,janet.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Here is what I do: on the passenger seat I hang his carry bag sideways from the headrest and leave the top unzipped. Under it I have a plastic basket with some blankets to fill the space between the seat and his bag. So, the bag sits on the padding and is secured by the handle to the back of the seat. He can sit in there and look out, or snuggle down for a nap. If I need to leave him in the car alone I can just zip it up. This works well for us.

·
Registered
786 Posts
My girl does the same thing!!! She always tries to climb up my arm & look out the window. I know of someone who uses a child car seat for her dogs, but it doesn't allow them to look out the window - just keeps them buckled in and safe. I recently bought a Fancy Fido Car Seat (http://fancyfidofabrics.shutterfly.com/) and my girl LOVES it. It was definitely worth the money spent. It keeps them safe and happy all at the same time, plus it looks very nice!

·
Registered
919 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dex, does look comfy,and he is a beautiful boy,I like the fancy fido seat, but I,m not sure where the lady who makes them lives.I have emailed her to ask her,as i think it would cost to much if she lives in America to post something that big to Australia,thanks everyone for your help with this I,m going to have alook at the baby car seat, because i already have one in my car that my grandson uses, and charchi, sometimes hops in and he can see out the window ,so all i to do is try and find a way to secure him so he,s safe and comfortable.If i get it worked out I,ll post a pic to show everyone, thanks regards, janet

·
Registered
580 Posts
Luxie also has the Snoozer Lookout II. Here's a few pics, she absolutely loves it. Mostly she just sleeps in it but sometimes she looks outside and people go "Awww" lol!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
I have the snoozer lookout 2 and I just love it, so does Zoey. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
i want to get one! :( lol but in the back of my car we dont have head rests :( and if she went in the front i wouldnt be with her and i dont really want to be in the back! LOL i go in the back to be with her so :S any ideas? lol x

·
Registered
173 Posts

I have 2 of these...one in my car and one in my truck...I bought the larger one and both my dogs fit in it...I also have the small that says will fit up to 20 pounds but my dogs combined only add up to 13/14 pounds and they both do not fit...I have mine attached to the back seats with no head rests...

·
Registered
894 Posts
I have the Snoozer Lookout too, in Medium. Here is a thread where I posted some pics of it. My girls are always in the car with us and use it every single time. I love it, and so do they! We use the Snoozer straps, but flippedstars uses leash doublers, she wraps it around and hooks both hooks onto 1 dogs harness. Much cheaper and I would trust it just as much!

And theshanman97 you don't need headrests for the Snoozer.. ? Just a seatbelt.

What I love about the Snoozer Lookout is the nice straps that buckle the dogs into the car, are secured by the vehicles actual seatbelt. Most pet car seats I see have a dingy lil strap that hooks on the pet car seat, that would probably rip out in an accident.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ahhh, Luxie,s so cute, she,s a beautiful baby, guess who,s getting clucky again? lol.I like the beds i might end up getting one i think, and maybe another furbabie, yeahh .Thanks for your ideas girls.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts