Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a dog seat for the car? The only one I found is at the this site www.batzi.com. Marcus is getting out of control in the car and I am afraid I am going to get in an accident.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I just buckle Cooper's kennel in the car and take him with me. I keep the top open but if he stares at me long enough, I just close the lid LOL

I got it at Petco (they're on sale!) and it works really great.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
I have ordered one of these http://www.snoozer-dog-beds.com/dogcarseats.htm

I bought one of those Pet Lookout booster seats from PetSmart made by outward hound but I don't like it. It has an air cushion in it you have to blow up, but it doesn't sit flat on the seat. The weight of the girls makes them slide to the back and the front sticks up. Plus it's hard to install.

The Snoozer is all foam so it should be much better.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I believe they are attached to their harness so they can't get out, but they can still look out the window. :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i have one thats a harness and it has this big loop thing in the back that hooks to the seatbelt dont really know if it works i dont have a car but its good to have

·
Registered
718 Posts
LuvMyChi said:
Oh yeah. that makes sense. LOL! :lol: Geeesh... I feel real dumb right about now. :roll: :oops: Heeeheee....

Thank you bunches! :wave:
No need to feel silly...I wondered how those worked too until I looked into it!! :D

·
Registered
718 Posts
LuvMyChi said:
Oh yeah. that makes sense. LOL! :lol: Geeesh... I feel real dumb right about now. :roll: :oops: Heeeheee....

Thank you bunches! :wave:
No need to feel silly...I wondered how those worked too until I looked into it!! :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Tank goes nuts if he's confined to a small place like a carrier, so I unfortunately keep him in my lap while driving. He's gotten pretty good about stayin still. I just hang onto him. It's bad, but it's the only thing that prevents him from screaming bloody murder in the car. He always has to be with his momma.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I slapped Cooper in that carrier the first day I got him. I think it just depends on how old your doggy is and how you introduce them to the standard carrier whether or not they'll be willing to get in and sit still.

CoopCoop doesn't like being in my lap in the car unless we're somewhere like the bank. Then he wants out so he can stare at the person and get a treat! :lol: :lol: Otherwise, he wants to be in the carrier, thank goodness.

Oh... also, he has to get out when we turn on our street coming home from somewhere. He MUST stick his head out the window at that time. No biggie though... the street is pretty quiet and not really traveled all that much.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
MyTank said:
Tank goes nuts if he's confined to a small place like a carrier, so I unfortunately keep him in my lap while driving. He's gotten pretty good about stayin still. I just hang onto him. It's bad, but it's the only thing that prevents him from screaming bloody murder in the car. He always has to be with his momma.
it is so dangerous to not have your baby secured in the car. if there's an accident, he could get thrown against the windshield and that could be fatal for a baby chi. trust me chiwi hated to be in the carrier in the car and i'd listen to ehr cry and cry then i bought the car seat from outward hound (i plan to get a better one soon cause it's not the best out there and i need to find one that seats 2, petedge has them so i'm in luck) she loves the car now and i can ride assured that she is safe and sound if there's ever an accident.

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
luv4mygirls said:
it is so dangerous to not have your baby secured in the car. if there's an accident, he could get thrown against the windshield and that could be fatal for a baby chi. trust me chiwi hated to be in the carrier in the car and i'd listen to ehr cry and cry then i bought the car seat from outward hound (i plan to get a better one soon cause it's not the best out there and i need to find one that seats 2, petedge has them so i'm in luck) she loves the car now and i can ride assured that she is safe and sound if there's ever an accident.
I got the "My Buddy" Lookout from Petedge and it's HUGE!!!
It is truly for the back seat.
I have a truck that doesn't have a console and need something that will fit in the middle of 2 people, so I ordered the oversized one from Snoozer. It's suppose to be about 8 inches smaller than the "My Buddy". I sure hope it is!

·
Registered
538 Posts
I have the car booster seat from Outward Bound Lookout Booster Seat.

http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.a...5053&PC=productlist&Nav=190&N=22+4935+30+5053

It works real good, They can sit or lay in there and there is a little tie down so they can't jump out. I've only used mine a couple of times, because after I bought it, I realized that Taco gets car sick and I don't take him anywhere unless I absolutely have to. So, if anyone is interested, I'd sell it.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Sadie has this carseat:

It's great because it's the perfect size and it has a removable cover. It is secured with the car seatbelt and comes with a "leash" that attaches to your dogs harness.

It can be found at:
http://www.gwlittle.com/product.php?id=167

Also, I think Brookstone has them and I see that you live in Newport so 3 Dog Bakery across from Fashion Island carries them as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts