Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just finished this Baby Shower card for a co-worker. This will be his first child and we are having a lunch/dessert gathering for him at Noon this Monday. Thought I better take some pics of it before giving it away ....

there are tiny Rhinestones & pearls on the card outside... and Rhinestones on the circle inside(saw I am missing one, will fix it)....the baby carriage is raised abit off the card as is the 'Its a Boy' WordArt...these pics just dont do it Justice....

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
it looks beautiful !!!
Thank you, Elaina, I am quite proud of it...... its the first card I have ever made...most of my stuff is digital but I been 'venturing' out to make other paper things...

Wow, you clearly have far more patience than I! Looks very labour intensive lol. Nicely done!
hahaha, patience ... I have none... I want everything NOW but this card did teach me how to be patient...there are 14 layers (7-white & 7 blue)to this card so I was waiting for a disaster at any point to happen but things went rather smooth putting it together which is amazing...lol... the hardest part was trying to get my Cameo settings right at the begining for a smooth cut...

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Very cute ! LOVE your Halloween banner btw :)
Thank you.... I think the mustache suits Peso quite well......lol....

That is gorgeous Jan, you have such an artful eye....you should do more!
thank you....I am considering 'more'.... just need to find the time.....

Wow Jan this is impressive! Would love to buy some cards off you. Would it be possible for you to make some Christmas ones?
I am considering a 'shoppe' sometime next yr to start selling my cards.... I found I really like making the cards, other than just digital ones... although I do have some very cute digital Christmas cards ... and the digital ones are much cheaper to send as this baby shower kinda card is quite heavy....

I am currently making a Ferris Wheel for Christmas... kinda like this one but more 'sparkly'.....
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/jan896/CAMEO/_Preview_SVGHUT_3D SVG Turning Ferris wheel with treat baskets1_zpssacznwzs.jpg

thanks everyone for the compliments... they mean alot coming from my chi friends...

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Very cute ! LOVE your Halloween banner btw
Thank you.... I think the mustache suits Peso quite well......lol....

That is gorgeous Jan, you have such an artful eye....you should do more!
thank you....I am considering 'more'.... just need to find the time.....

Wow Jan this is impressive! Would love to buy some cards off you. Would it be possible for you to make some Christmas ones?
I am considering a 'shoppe' sometime next yr to start selling my cards.... I found I really like making the cards, other than just digital ones... although I do have some very cute digital Christmas cards ... and the digital ones are much cheaper to send as this baby shower kinda card is quite heavy....

I am currently making a Ferris Wheel for Christmas... kinda like this one but more 'sparkly'.....
http://i755.photobucket.com/albums/xx194/jan896/CAMEO/_Preview_SVGHUT_3D SVG Turning Ferris wheel with treat baskets1_zpssacznwzs.jpg

thanks everyone for the compliments... they mean alot coming from my chi friends...
The photo didn't show up :( have you got a website showing the digital cards?

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
What cutter do you use? I just got a Silhouette after many years with a Cricut and Sure Cuts A Lot. I can't believe how far cutters have come. I have a bit of learning.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I use the Silhouette Cameo... I also have a Big Shot embossing machine-Extended style... and the Silhouette Mint...

I would LOVE to see some of your items you have made....

My ETSY shop can be found HERE

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Ashamed to admit the only thing I've made are the dog house boxes for treats I posted. So much going on. We're trying to get ready to sell our house and leave MD. I've told hubby my craft room gets packed last. Can't believe it's just sitting. I did everything on my old Cricut, even did my old designs with Illustrator. Love the Silhouette, though. Your things are gorgeous.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts