Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Carolina's new Hello Doggie dress and LD Strawberry dress.

Meoshia and Elaina: I hope you can see the detailing and fit in these pictures. I got the xxs. Carolina was just not in the mood for more pictures after I made her pose all weekend. My opinion on the quality of fabric, the stitching and embellishments seem to be the same or very close to Louisdog and I love the purple color, it looks more eggplant to me. As far as fit, here's where I'm disappointed. The cut and opening at the neck and arm holes are bigger than LD's. It appears to me that this cut/fit at the neck and chest and arms are very similar to a slip over the head harness. It's just not as good of a fit for Carolina as LD is. I'm going to keep it but I don't think I would purchase another one in this brand all because of fit. If it wasn't for that I would definitely buy more because the quality and price are great.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Wow. You can really see how the arm hole openings are very wide. I'm glad I didn't order one because judging on the fit/length on Carolina, I can now see that the xxs might have been a better fit on Ava than the xs I was originally thinking of ordering. Now I'm thinking I may pass on this brand altogether. Hip doggie has a couple dresses I think I'll get instead. And I'm thinking of ordering a couple Pretty Pet dresses.

Love the LD strawberry dress. The pink one is my favorite color. It looks great paired with the new kiss me top in pink. Carolina is a beautiful model. Is she wearing xs in the LD dress? I'm thinking Carolina is much shorter in length than you measured. Maybe 7-7.5" back length?

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow. You can really see how the arm hole openings are very wide. I'm glad I didn't order one because judging on the fit/length on Carolina, I can now see that the xxs might have been a better fit on Ava than the xs I was originally thinking of ordering. Now I'm thinking I may pass on this brand altogether. Hip doggie has a couple dresses I think I'll get instead. And I'm thinking of ordering a couple Pretty Pet dresses.

Love the LD strawberry dress. The pink one is my favorite color. It looks great paired with the new kiss me top in pink. Carolina is a beautiful model. Is she wearing xs in the LD dress? I'm thinking Carolina is much shorter in length than you measured. Maybe 7-7.5" back length?
Thank you Meoshia. Carolina is wearing the xs in LD and she is shorter than what I originally measured. Now that I've been making her pose more with clothing, I can get her to stay still and have her tail up for a few seconds anyway. Better than when I first measured her, she thought I was playing and didn't want to stand still at all, lol. When I re-measured her length, she's in between 7.5 & 7.75".

I'm so disappointed with the cut on Hello Doggie. Melissa updated me on my Pretty Pet dress today. She said it should be in by the end of the week. I will be getting more of that brand if it's a good fit for Carolina. I wish Hip Doggie would fit Carolina better. She seems to be in between the xxs and xs. I think I saw that Elaina said the same thing with Ellie and being in between for Hip Doggie.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Thank you Meoshia. Carolina is wearing the xs in LD and she is shorter than what I originally measured. Now that I've been making her pose more with clothing, I can get her to stay still and have her tail up for a few seconds anyway. Better than when I first measured her, she thought I was playing and didn't want to stand still at all, lol. When I re-measured her length, she's in between 7.5 & 7.75".

I'm so disappointed with the cut on Hello Doggie. Melissa updated me on my Pretty Pet dress today. She said it should be in by the end of the week. I will be getting more of that brand if it's a good fit for Carolina. I wish Hip Doggie would fit Carolina better. She seems to be in between the xxs and xs. I think I saw that Elaina said the same thing with Ellie and being in between for Hip Doggie.

I thought so lol 7.5" - 7.75" makes more sense for xs LD, cause that pinch of length is the only thing keeping Ava 8" length from being a true xs. She's an xs in the tees but small in the dresses and sweaters/hoodies. Actually I saw on the charts that the brunch tees run longer in length than all of their other tees. Unfortunately the size small tees are too roomy on Ava, and the kiss me tee is just right on her in the xs.

I can't wait to see how the Pretty pet fits Carolina. I only have a couple coats/ hoodies by this brand. I love that summer tutu and cupcake dress. As well as the grey golden trim.

I wish the rest of my LD would ship 😔 it's been a while.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
awww. Carolina is so pretty !!! I love the strawberry dress on her !!! I can see what you mean about the fit of the hello doggie dress :-(. I was afraid of that.... I can also see that the quality is so nice of the little appliques and material but if you are not happy with the fit, you could return it for an exchange or refund to DC. Melissa is very good about that.

i'm not going to order one now cause i can see it will fit Ellie the same way. too roomy in the arms and neck

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Meoshia - What did you order? I checked the Japan website this weekend and saw the new smile dress that I love in pink, but they don't have xs or else I would have ordered that one. Not sure if I wanted camo one for I like the LD one better and wouldn't dress Carolina in camo print that often. Also saw the new tee (adidas inspired) and the little lily tee, but thought I'd take a chance and see if they stick around for a sale.

I ordered the older style smile tank in red a few weeks ago but I got an email the order was cancelled due to no longer having xs size and I didn't want more grey.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Meoshia - What did you order? I checked the Japan website this weekend and saw the new smile dress that I love in pink, but they don't have xs or else I would have ordered that one. Not sure if I wanted camo one for I like the LD one better and wouldn't dress Carolina in camo print that often. Also saw the new tee (adidas inspired) and the little lily tee, but thought I'd take a chance and see if they stick around for a sale.

I ordered the older style smile tank in red a few weeks ago but I got an email the order was cancelled due to no longer having xs size and I didn't want more grey.

I ordered the couple top, French tutu, and denim top. I just checked and I ordered on the 6th. But when I spoke to Melissa a week ago about them, she told me they were on their way to her. I also ordered a tutu dress by Pinup dog. I love this brand and had Melissa add the tutu dress for me, which I was told was on its way to her as well. I was hoping I'd have those things this week.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Elaina and I both passed on those polka dot smile tanks a bit ago. But I love the red one. And still really want it. I'm surprised if they gave any small styles in those left. They've been around a while. Usually Pariero does a big sale around this time of year. Hope one is on the way soon.

How many outfits does miss Carolina have now? Her collection is expanding quickly.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awww. Carolina is so pretty !!! I love the strawberry dress on her !!! I can see what you mean about the fit of the hello doggie dress :-(. I was afraid of that.... I can also see that the quality is so nice of the little appliques and material but if you are not happy with the fit, you could return it for an exchange or refund to DC. Melissa is very good about that.

i'm not going to order one now cause i can see it will fit Ellie the same way. too roomy in the arms and neck
Thanks Elaina. I love the strawberry dress too.

I thought about exchanging it, but I do like the dress itself and the color. I've had it on her for a little while now and surprisingly she hasn't gotten her arms out of it through the neck. Which usually happens if it's not a good fit. I also thought I could layer it with something too. I ordered it during Melissa's last 30% off sale, so I really didn't pay a whole lot either to try it. I just won't get another one in that brand and I would recommend the same for you, not to get it for Ellie only because the fit is not great.

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
Thanks Elaina. I love the strawberry dress too.

I thought about exchanging it, but I do like the dress itself and the color. I've had it on her for a little while now and surprisingly she hasn't gotten her arms out of it through the neck. Which usually happens if it's not a good fit. I also thought I could layer it with something too. I ordered it during Melissa's last 30% off sale, so I really didn't pay a whole lot either to try it. I just won't get another one in that brand and I would recommend the same for you, not to get it for Ellie only because the fit is not great.
I am thinking that if you know someone who has a sewing machine... it seems it would be an easy alteration to have them snip both sides at the top of the armholes and take it in there . would be very easy on a machine and it would make the neck hole and the armholes both smaller.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Elaina and I both passed on those polka dot smile tanks a bit ago. But I love the red one. And still really want it. I'm surprised if they gave any small styles in those left. They've been around a while. Usually Pariero does a big sale around this time of year. Hope one is on the way soon.

How many outfits does miss Carolina have now? Her collection is expanding quickly.
Her collection is expanding very quickly. I think I'll do one more order when Melissa has a sale, then I'm taking a little break. At least until the fall stuff comes out. Or if someone has a GREAT sale.

I had to go in the closet and count, she has:
8 Louisdog
1 Wooflink
2 Pariero
2 Ruff Ruff Couture
3 Hip Doggie
1 Hello Doggie
and these are ordered and will be on their way:
2 Louisdog
3 Wooflink
1 Pretty Pet

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Her collection is expanding very quickly. I think I'll do one more order when Melissa has a sale, then I'm taking a little break. At least until the fall stuff comes out. Or if someone has a GREAT sale.

I had to go in the closet and count, she has:

8 Louisdog

1 Wooflink

2 Pariero

2 Ruff Ruff Couture

3 Hip Doggie

1 Hello Doggie

and these are ordered and will be on their way:

2 Louisdog

3 Wooflink

1 Pretty Pet

Wow! I can't even remember seeing that much LD on her already. She's got a nice collection. I can't wait to see the rest.

I don't even know how much LD Ava has lol. She literally went from a few to everything we've ordered recently. I haven't counted yet.

One more round for me and I think I quit too. It's so hard because there's so much old stuff I want, plus LD has the new tutu dress coming. And Wooflink will release a couple lines too. It's really hard to take breaks.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow! I can't even remember seeing that much LD on her already. She's got a nice collection. I can't wait to see the rest.

I don't even know how much LD Ava has lol. She literally went from a few to everything we've ordered recently. I haven't counted yet.

One more round for me and I think I quit too. It's so hard because there's so much old stuff I want, plus LD has the new tutu dress coming. And Wooflink will release a couple lines too. It's really hard to take breaks.
I know I had to recount, but I did get 4 different LD tops last week, so that's half of what I have. I'd like some more LD dresses as I only have 2 right now with 1 more on the way.

I saw the new French Tutu on facebook and I want the new Organic daily tank in pink, maybe the grey too. Maybe, a Junybell dress too. I have to stop looking, then I won't be so tempted to buy, but it's so hard.

I can only imagine what Ava has. A lot of what's on my wishlist is because I saw a picture of it on Ava and loved it.

Wish I could do the pants and top outfit thing like Sapphire wears and looks so great in, but I don't think Carolina could pull that off. Ava would look good in the full outfits like Sapphire too.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I am thinking that if you know someone who has a sewing machine... it seems it would be an easy alteration to have them snip both sides at the top of the armholes and take it in there . would be very easy on a machine and it would make the neck hole and the armholes both smaller.
Thanks for thinking of that. I actually thought of that too. My husbands cousin is a professional seamstress and has the professional sewing machines. She 's done my daughters and my gown alterations over the years, our church's choir gowns and she repairs my husbands work clothes all the time. So she could even make the stitching identical to what's there now. I was thinking I could even give her a Louisdog dress as a guide to how I need to fit on this dress at the neck and arms.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
I know I had to recount, but I did get 4 different LD tops last week, so that's half of what I have. I'd like some more LD dresses as I only have 2 right now with 1 more on the way.

I saw the new French Tutu on facebook and I want the new Organic daily tank in pink, maybe the grey too. Maybe, a Junybell dress too. I have to stop looking, then I won't be so tempted to buy, but it's so hard.

I can only imagine what Ava has. A lot of what's on my wishlist is because I saw a picture of it on Ava and loved it.

Wish I could do the pants and top outfit thing like Sapphire wears and looks so great in, but I don't think Carolina could pull that off. Ava would look good in the full outfits like Sapphire too.

I forgot that I am still waiting for the beige organic dress. It should have shipped from Funnyfur by now. They also ordered the triple dress in violet for me, in place of the teddy dress which I'm so sad about. It's all sold out. But I'm happy about getting the triple dress.

We've just started on LD dresses. Actually I just really got into LD this year, after visiting a boutique in the city a few times and finally getting a good grip on LD sizing. Before, we were sticking with Wooflink size 1 and Pariero ss. I think I'm gonna take a look now and see what she has lol. Her collection is not as huge as it seems but it's getting there.

I'm not crazy about pants on dogs. I did get an all in one in the Pariero NYE lucky bag, but Ava doesn't like it.

And thanks love! I'm glad Ava has inspired/influenced Carolina's wardrobe 😍, it's a compliment to share such likes an interests with such a beautiful dog like Carolina. I adore her❤

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I ordered the couple top, French tutu, and denim top. I just checked and I ordered on the 6th. But when I spoke to Melissa a week ago about them, she told me they were on their way to her. I also ordered a tutu dress by Pinup dog. I love this brand and had Melissa add the tutu dress for me, which I was told was on its way to her as well. I was hoping I'd have those things this week.
Wow, I'm excited to see all of those on Ava. Hope they get to you by the end of this week. I hope you get the couple top. Melissa got back to me today about mine that was ordered and she can't get an xs so I had to make an exchange. She actually had an xs LD macaroon dress in lavender in stock. So I got that one. I saw a week or 2 ago the lavender was no longer available so I jumped on that one since she has it in hand in the color I wanted.

·
Premium Member
6,617 Posts
Wow, I'm excited to see all of those on Ava. Hope they get to you by the end of this week. I hope you get the couple top. Melissa got back to me today about mine that was ordered and she can't get an xs so I had to make an exchange. She actually had an xs LD macaroon dress in lavender in stock. So I got that one. I saw a week or 2 ago the lavender was no longer available so I jumped on that one since she has it in hand in the color I wanted.

One of my items came in today. I ordered it from Puppylovecouture.com. I love it! Looks so beautiful on Ava, it's getting dark here, so I'll take a pic of her in it tomorrow.

I ordered pink
http://i953.photobucket.com/albums/...B-0888-4A25-ADE6-1E3321D46716_zpsond2mohu.png

1 - 20 of 36 Posts