Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!! I am working on figuring out how to put pics up of my new girl Rajah but in the meantime I have a question about carriers. I picked one up at my pet store here where I live and the woman at the counter told me to get one a bit bigger then I needed so she would have a bunch of room. Well I got the small one because frankly I didnt know they made smaller ones then the one I got because the woman didn't have any smaller for comparision. Anyways I got her home and put her in it this morning to take my daughter to school and she kept sliding aroung in it, to the point of almost knocking her head into the mesh on the sides. I have a fleece blanket down in the bottom. My question is it to big for her? The tag says for dogs under 10 pounds and she is only 2.5 pounds and she is 5 months old. Should I consider returning it and getting a smaller one for teacup the tag I saw on the internet on those is for dogs under 5 pounds? Thanks so much.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wow, good question. I found it hard when shopping online for a carrier for my girls.

I cut some cardboard and taped it up to the approximate shape using the listed measurements for the "teacup" size carrier and used that to judge if it looked like it would be comfy for Jadzia.

I ended up not getting the "teacup" size and it was a good thing for us. My Jadzia is just under 5 pounds and the small size gives her enough room when she has on a coat.

May be you could put a blanket in the bottom to help keep her from swishing around until she gets a little bigger?

·
Registered
285 Posts
I always put a nice fluffy blanket in Bailey's carrier. Even though it was much bigger than her, she never slid around.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts