Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just making 100 percent sure, cooked carrots and potatos ( boiled ) are ok for dogs right? I cooked a pot roast tonight and was feeling bad having the pups staring at me with those doe eyes, so I gave them some of the leftover boiled veggies that I hadn't added to the roast because I made way too much. I was going to share some roast too, but thought better of it because of seasonings and such..

By the way, Paco is in love with potato squares :D

·
Registered
602 Posts
Fiddle stole a frozen potatoe wedge off the floor and bolted the other day. She loved it? haha and survived, So I guess the potatoes are fine? haha

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
They are starchy but one wont hurt fiddle.
Arent they funny when they think they got
away with something??

·
Registered
602 Posts
They are starchy but one wont hurt fiddle.
Arent they funny when they think they got
away with something??
It wasn't worth the chase that day haha! Fiddle has this spot between the couches where she thinks I can't find her, so thats where she 'hid' haha

·
Registered
602 Posts
hehe they are so cute when they are thinking they are sneaky. Kind of like when Paco "sneaks" into bed at night..
ROFL

Fiddle does the same thing in the morning! She needs to full on leap to get on the bed (which is quite loud) but then tippy toes around me and curls up behind my legs where she thinks I wont notice haha

Such Darlings!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I give raw carrots all the time as a snack and they love them. I have heard that raw potatoes are bad for them though. Cooked must be fine because there are lots of dog foods that have taters in them!

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
Cooked 'taters are fine. Just in moderation as they affect Chi's the same way as people if eaten in excess.:D
Nobody wants a chubby Chi!;)

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I feed mine cooked and raw carrots, cooked and raw potatoes and cooked sweet potatoes regularly. They love them and they are recommended for home cooked diets. Always in moderation.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts