Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello chi lovers, I'm finally picking up my chihuahuas from the breeder in a week. I don't have a car so we (hubby and I) have to take public transportation btw we live in Austria, they are 10 weeks old, my question is what is your advice on how to bring them home? Is it ok in dogs bags or crates? Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
I don't know about Austria, but here in Washington, DC (USA).... animals are not allowed on public transportation, doesn't matter if they are in bags or crates *sigh*...... sure wish I lived in a more pet-freindly area....

congrats on your little ones coming home!

·
Premium Member
0 Posts
How exciting!! I would bring them home in crates, they could be nervous and a bit freaked out, not knowing you and being on public transport which they probably haven't been on before, so I would be a little afraid that one might try to escape.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies. Vienna is very pet-friendly and animals are allowed in public transportation :) The puppies know me thanks to the breeder that allow us to visit every week since pretty much they are born. They are very nice, fun, loving dogs <3

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
I would get a soft pet carrier bag. I got a Sherpa Tote Around Town and had Rocky once with me with no one even realizing that I had a dog with me. But you can't really tell that it's a dog bag anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts