Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had mine done around 2 yrs ago NOT with a gun at a tattoo place. It hurt and got a bump so after almost a yr I took it out. The bump never went away & looked pretty ugly so I decided to get it done again. Well it's been probably a yr since the second piercing & the bumps got worse. Well the other day I had what felt like a bigger knot in there so I sortof squeezed it & out came this crap gross never happened before. So I've got this really crusted nasty looking knot on the front of my ear. Last week before all this happened I was at the dermatologist office & asked her about it she said she could cut the bumps off (they're called keloids ) Or I could go in every so often & get cortisione shots :( All this from what I thought would be a simple little piercing :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
Yep keloids. Keloids are pretty strange some people are prone to them while others aren't. My ex got his ears pierced and then got them stretched, well one of them ended up with a huge keloid behind his ear and the other one didn't. :?

I have keloid scarring on one of my tattoos :( it ruined the whole tattoo. :cry:

·
Registered
15,321 Posts
Yeah I got it 3 or 4 years ago and it was absolutely perfect (a Good Luck Care Bear on my inner right forearm). I must have come into contact with something (I did use a topical numbing agent) because it got extremely icky and infected. I have read that keloids are just the skin cells healing, multiplyinig to dramatically, thus creating a huge scar.

It has really flattened out over the years and one day I want to get it messed with a bit, to see if the actual scar can take color. If so then I will get it redone. I have never had a problem with keloids before and I think the actual infection is what caused the scarring, so I am willing to take a chance getting it done again. :D

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
you can also get a dirt and bacteria build up inside the hole (especially during that dont remove the earing for this long time period)
My sisters prone to the durt build up so once amonth we have to insert a slightly wider guage (shes got normally peirced ears so we use the smallest guage above it and insert it from the back of the peircing slowly, it doenst hurt her but because its tight in the hole it pushes any dirt and grime build up out.
I do it on mine about the same amount.
That might have been the stuff that came out when you squeezed it...it kind of feeld like a bumb inside the hole...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good To Know What Those Things Are, I Had One The First Time I Got My Cartilidge Peirced. Now I Have Seven Peircings On Each Side, And My Bellybutton And I Only Had One That First Time. My Didnt Get To Big Though, I Just Kept Picking At It And It Went Away. But It Was So Itchy And Uncomfortable. :(

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
I'm one of the lucky ones, I had mine done twice and I didn't have any problems with it. The first time I had it done I was brushing my hair the brush caught it and it flipped out (didn't hurt me at all) and by the time I found it the hole was closed. The second time the back came off the stupid thing and fell out and the hole closed. The funny thing is that my lobes have been peirced since I was 13 and I can go years without earings in and all I have to do is work a little bit and use some sauve (sp?) and the earring goes right through.

·
Registered
421 Posts

I got the top to one of my ears peirced when I was about 12 and it hurt a lot, and never seemed to really heal. I had it for about 7 years before it occured to me to take it out! lol :roll: Duh! lol I've had this funny lump where it was and just assumed it was scare tissue but perhapas it is one of these keloid thingies?! So anyway, I thought since it never healed that maybe they'd peirced it badly, like on a nerve or something, and decided to try the other ear. That hurt too and I only had it like 8 months. I dont have any lump on that side though.

I'd like to try it again one day, I think it looks so pretty...I know, glutton for punishment or what?! lol :lol:

x

·
Registered
335 Posts
Alisha said:
I had mine done around 2 yrs ago NOT with a gun at a tattoo place. It hurt and got a bump so after almost a yr I took it out. The bump never went away & looked pretty ugly so I decided to get it done again. Well it's been probably a yr since the second piercing & the bumps got worse. Well the other day I had what felt like a bigger knot in there so I sortof squeezed it & out came this crap gross never happened before. So I've got this really crusted nasty looking knot on the front of my ear. Last week before all this happened I was at the dermatologist office & asked her about it she said she could cut the bumps off (they're called keloids ) Or I could go in every so often & get cortisione shots :( All this from what I thought would be a simple little piercing :rolleyes:
SORRY ALISHA::confused:
but what is a cartlidge piercing?

·
Registered
687 Posts
Sounds uncomfortable! Couldn't imagine getting it done myself, but i've had bad experiences just getting my lobe pierced. I have a tear in my left ear lobe which healed weirdly so it looks like I have two piercings, but I don't! And my right ear DOES have two piercings, but only because the person who first pierced my ears messed it up, and made one really low and the other really high, so I had it done again to make a hole that matched :/

There are some people that try to purposefully give themselves keloid scars in a body art sort of way. It's really gross and painful looking to do, but quite interesting once it works. I wouldn't do it, and I think the people are crazy to want to scar themselves so painfully, but it doesn't offend me or anything xD

·
Registered
335 Posts
Jenilyn said:

there ya go. got it off google for you.
AWWW THANK YOU JENILYN
I USE TO HAVE ONE OF THEM YEARS AGO BIT I TOOK IT OUT TO MUCH PAINFUL BUT MY BROTHER HAD IT DONE AND STILL HAS AND HE EVEN GOT LIKE A BIG LUMP ON THE BACK OF IT LOOKS NASTY BUT IT WILL NEVER GO DOWN
DONT THINK I WILL HAVE IT AGAIN THOU

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
its strange youve all had so many issues, i have 4 cartilidge peicings, 2 upper and 2 mid along with my normal lobe peircings, 2 of them were gun jobs (they hurt more and took longer to heal) the other 2 were professional needle jobs, they healed quicker and i barley felt it. but neither has given me any lump, going on 4 years for my mid and 3 for my upper.

i just have to be super carefull with the jewelry i use cause im VERY hypersensitive to nickel.

·
Registered
290 Posts
mine was awful. they tried three different pieces of jewelry in mine before it healed. it took ever a year and a half. i used a ton of different stuff to heal and it it stull has a lump on the back. i finally found an earing that has a flat circle on the back and that keeps the lump from getting bigger.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts