Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
I think they are insanely cute, right up there with pugs and papillons. :)

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
i think there cute

heres some facts about them

they only live 9 - 14 years

there 10- 18 pounds

AKC Height: Ideally, 12" to 13".

Basic Requirements: Cavalier King Charles Spaniels require a moderate amount of exercise, which they can get by playing with the family.

Temperament: Happy, friendly dog. Good with children. Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are true lap dogs

The breed is highly affectionate, and some have called the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel 'the ultimate lap dog'. However, they require a great deal of human companionship and do not do well if left alone for long periods of time. Most dogs of the breed are extremely patient and eager to please. As such, dogs of the breed are usually good with children and other dogs.

The breed suffers from a number of congenital defects, most significantly, Syringomyelia, a condition affecting the brain and spine, causing symptoms ranging from mild discomfort to severe pain and partial paralysis. Another health issue is mitral valve disease. This condition can begin to emerge at an early age, and is present in many Cavalier King Charles Spaniels by 5 years of age. Responsible breeders are attempting to breed only from dogs that exhibit a later onset of the disease.

Another common defect among Cavaliers is keratoconjunctivitis sicca, colloquially known as "dry eye". The usual cause of this condition is an autoimmune reaction against the dog's tear ducts, reducing the production of tears. The condition requires continual treatment and if untreated may result in partial or total blindness.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm so glad that I only like chihuahuas, as far as small dogs go. Otherwise, I'd have a house that resembled more of a zoo than a home because I'd have to get one of each! LOL

·
Registered
642 Posts
I am absolutely fascinated by the breed. I looked very deeply into the Cavalier before I got Ella. They are stunning and very intellgent. As well as drop dead gorgous. I think if I ever do get another breed of dog it would be a cavalier. I love the Blenheim colored ones!

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I've seen loads of them on Animal Planet dog shows but I'd never seen one in person until just the other day. I ran into Starbucks (my boss gave me one of those cards for my birthday or I would never have paid those insane prices) and when I came out, there was a Cavalier King Charles waiting in the car parked next to mine. He couldn't have been more adorable. :)

·
Banned
3,566 Posts
I used to have one when I was younger called Lucky she was my first ever dog :) but they're a great breed I actually first fell in love with the chihuahua when I was at crufts on cavalier (toy) day :D I'll see if I can find a piccy of her, I had a blenheim (red and white) and my friend has a ruby (tan/red) boy

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
my friend has too and i think they are gorgeous - i would have a house full of dogs if i could!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts