Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...Amanda's post got me thinking, wondering about how the holiday is celebtrated in all the places we live. Anyone want to share your traditions and plans for this year ??

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
My family makes potato bread and or potato pancakes, not sure that has anything to do with the Saint, but likely moreso family tradition.

I considered making a corned beef this year but i'm not sure I like the taste of it, I will make cabbage soup though.

In this area of Texas it certainly is not celebrated other than "Come get your green beer" around town which I think is a little sad, I love history though.

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Guilt Free Guiness !
lollollol!!!
i hate it, when they are brewing depending on the wind, you can smell it at my mams house.

its a day off school here, infact my sons school is off for the week.
there will be a st patricks day festival for 3 days in the city centre, with a parade on the the day, its mostly for the tourists. towns and cities overr the country all have small parades. irish dancing and diddlydidle music everywhere. we will prob have a coddle to eat, but we have one every week anyway!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
My sister always makes corned beef and cabbage as well as Rubens. She also makes Irish Soda Bread... with raisins. oh yum! I make and take colcannon and it's always a hit. She has lots of other good things too. Different members of the family don their green apparel, blinking baubles or socks. LOL She also finds a special "green" martini to serve.

·
Registered
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I love Stout, and I wish there was Irish dancing and diddlydidle music everywhere here !
There will be here...no school either.

the neighborhood parishes have a special mass with music and breakfast for all of the neighbors in the morning.

Lots of dancing this week. Maeve will be dancing at the Airport for Aer Lingus in the terminal---a very different kind of venue. The usual resturants, pubs and a hall party for a charity thing.

There is usually a dance-off inthe Faniuel Hall market place wher the hip-hop crowd goes against the irish step dancers---that is fun.

Big parade on Sunday..lots of house parties.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My sister always makes corned beef and cabbage as well as Rubens. She also makes Irish Soda Bread... with raisins. oh yum! I make and take colcannon and it's always a hit. She has lots of other good things too. Different members of the family don their green apparel, blinking baubles or socks. LOL She also finds a special "green" martini to serve.
Hey Lin, I wanna come and celebrate with you and your sister. lol Sounds like lots of good food and fun. Enjoy!
I'll dress all my fur (and fur less babies, hairless chinese crested) up in green. My girls have very pretty shamrock dresses. lol

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Hey Lin, I wanna come and celebrate with you and your sister. lol Sounds like lots of good food and fun. Enjoy!
I'll dress all my fur (and fur less babies, hairless chinese crested) up in green. My girls have very pretty shamrock dresses. lol
Come on along! We'd love to have you. :) You have to take piccies of the babies too! They will be sooooooooooo cute!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts