Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the US, for Federal employees, there is a system for donating to charities called CFC (Combined Federal Campaign). I was wondering if there are any Chihuahua No-Kill Shelters/Rescues on this list. if so, do you know the #(number) that I need to specify which Charity I want my money to go to?

·
Registered
370 Posts
im not sure about the numb but it seems like a good idea.i know that when i donate im always worried that 90% of it will go to taxes or something like that.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
That's my rescue, Finn says! Chihuahua and Small Dog Rescue is a legitimate organization that's listed on CFC and is 100% dedicated to rescuing Chis and other small dogs under 20 pounds from local shelters. We are non-profit and actually in dire need of support a medical bills have exceeded incoming funds, including from our adoption fees. We take in sick and injured Chis and provide loving homes through a foster network. I am fostering Willy and Katy who are on the website. if it's in your heart to donate through CFC, we would so appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's my rescue, Finn says! Chihuahua and Small Dog Rescue is a legitimate organization that's listed on CFC and is 100% dedicated to rescuing Chis and other small dogs under 20 pounds from local shelters. We are non-profit and actually in dire need of support a medical bills have exceeded incoming funds, including from our adoption fees. We take in sick and injured Chis and provide loving homes through a foster network. I am fostering Willy and Katy who are on the website. if it's in your heart to donate through CFC, we would so appreciate it.
Good enough for me!!! ....Finn...I will be making donation for your charity!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Our medical bills are very extensive, even with wonderful vets who provide reduced costs. All of our rescue dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and provided all shots. We also take in sick and injured dogs, including broken legs and spinal issues from abuse cases. Luxating patella surgery is very expensive, and we provide that, too. We also have standard administrative costs, such as signs, brochures, etc. since we have weekly pet meet-and-greet events at Petco and PetSmart. We also attend other Rally to the Rescue-type of events. All of us are volunteers, and we feed and shelter our foster dogs like they were our own. Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Our medical bills are very extensive, even with wonderful vets who provide reduced costs. All of our rescue dogs are spayed/neutered, microchipped, and provided all shots. We also take in sick and injured dogs, including broken legs and spinal issues from abuse cases. Luxating patella surgery is very expensive, and we provide that, too. We also have standard administrative costs, such as signs, brochures, etc. since we have weekly pet meet-and-greet events at Petco and PetSmart. We also attend other Rally to the Rescue-type of events. All of us are volunteers, and we feed and shelter our foster dogs like they were our own. Hope this helps!

WOW!!! I never realised how extensive a rescue could be. I truly understnad the part about LP operations being expensive, believe me! Chico just had one...

Finn... I just checked the CFC catalog and do not see the #29719 that is listed on the website. would you check to make sure that is the # I need for 2012, if possible......or PM me a name that I might ask someone.

thank you for all that you do for the little ones!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
I love helping abandoned Chis. I will send an e-mail to our president and send the number as soon as I have it. There are photos of our available rescues posted on the website, but I will try to take some at an event. In the meantime, here are some of the foster babies, all of which were adopted. The last one is not a good photo of Annie, who is quite beautiful. her baby is the previous photo of the cute Chi in a sweater. Annie came to us having been in three states and having one litter of puppies (at least) all in her first year or so of life. Marley, the first photo, and his brother were surrendered in an abuse case. Olivia, second photo, is an extremely intelligent and loving Chi who was dumped in the Denver shelter.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Unfortunately, I just found this out:

"The only way that they can donate to us through the CFC is they must work in the Pikes Peak Region, Denver Metro Region, Weld County Region, Larimer County Region or Intermountain Region."

However, everyone can help help by simply voting for Chihuahua Small Dog Rescue in the Animal Rescue Site $300,000 Shelter+ Challenge of 2011:

http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/shelterchallenge.faces?siteId=3

We are Chihuahua Small Dog Rescue Inc of Colorado Springs, CO, United States

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
We are asked every year to donate to United Way. There is not one animal agency on the list of agencies who receive their funds. I stopped donating to them and donate directly to our local Chi rescue.
Glad you can help the Chis through CFC!

·
Premium Member
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Unfortunately, I just found this out:

"The only way that they can donate to us through the CFC is they must work in the Pikes Peak Region, Denver Metro Region, Weld County Region, Larimer County Region or Intermountain Region."

However, everyone can help help by simply voting for Chihuahua Small Dog Rescue in the Animal Rescue Site $300,000 Shelter+ Challenge of 2011:

We are Chihuahua Small Dog Rescue Inc of Colorado Springs, CO, United States
darn!!
can I make a direct donation to the rescue???

do rescue operations have an "Adopt a pet" program similar to what Zoos do??? adopt a rescue until it is 'adopted' :)

I have the contest bookmarked and will Vote every day!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
darn!!
can I make a direct donation to the rescue???

do rescue operations have an "Adopt a pet" program similar to what Zoos do??? adopt a rescue until it is 'adopted' :)

I have the contest bookmarked and will Vote every day!
Barbara has an "Adopt a Pet" program:
Home - Because Of You Chihuahua Rescue

Actually she calls it Sponsoring--I think they're the same thing.

And if you're in Oklahoma (or not) you might like to vote for
Because Of You Chihuahua Rescue, Edmond, OK

Animal Rescue Site $300,000 Shelter+ Challenge of 2011:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts