Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Jaxx has been sleeping through the night in his crate for a while now until the last week. Last week he started whining every couple hours through the night. He has a certain bark if he needs to go outside in the middle of the night and this is not it is just whining. I thought at first maybe he had outgrown his crate but he walks right into it and stands up in it and can move around freely. I make sure that he has some toys in his crate so if he wakes up he has something to distract him.
At first I thought he was just whining because I was really sick for a couple weeks and he could hear me up moving around in the middle of the night. He seems to start whining whenever my boyfriend or I turn over in the night. I have tried moving his crate into our walk in closet that is heated and right off of our bedroom and that helped considerably but he still whined a couple of times last night. During the day he is happy and hyper but during the night his actions have changed dramatically lately.
Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this change in behavior and what I can do to help. Whenever he whines I do not go to him so that he is not rewarded for whining.

·
Registered
688 Posts
do u keep something warm for ur chi to lay on? my chis wont sleep in a crate, but we used to have one that would and if she didnt have a warm blankie or sumthing 2 lay on she would complain thru out the night.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts