Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know I'm not a regular user here, and I apologise if this in the wrong section.

My chi - LOKI, is acting way out of sorts the past week and it's not anything with him.

Last wed he started acting strange, not letting one of our cats out of his sight. On Thursday I found blood in the litter tray and took the cat to the vet on Friday morning. I was given pain killers and anti-biotics for her.

Well as I said this behaviour has been going on since last wed. He has not left her side. Barks constantly if she is somewhere where he cannot sit next to her. He follows her to the litter tray and waits beside her. Occassionally he sits beside her and barks at her stomach. I'm actually getting concerned that he might know something we don't.

Is it common for a chi to act like this when another pet is sick? He is really concerned which is actually making me more concerned.

Any advice?

TIA

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
The blood in the litter box, did the vet say it was a urinary tract infection? My males smell blood and they think sometimes the animal is getting ready to go into heat. Even if it's a boy dog lol After getting neutered or spayed, I have to watch to make sure they don't bother the dog recovering.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
hi just reading for an update it caught my eye when you asked if your chihs change in personality might be that he knows something of your cats health that you dont whow keep us updated

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry for the very late reply guys

2 weeks on and there is no blood in the cats urine anymore. However Loki is still acting the same. He has tried to mount her so that in itself would lead me to believe he can still smell blood. The cat is just spending most of her time resting and loki chases off our male cat when he goes near her. The vet has said that she thought it was most likely a urinary tract infection which would most likely reoccur over time. TBH not very helpful. I've changed her diet as the other thing she thought it may have been was from the dry food the cat was being fed, as dry food without plenty of water can cause crystals in the bladder according to the vet (even though there are multiple water bowls around). I have no idea. 2 weeks on the only thing that's changed is I can't see blood, but the cat is still not well after being on antibiotics and Loki (my Chi) is still being a bugger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts