Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.I feel a bit silly asking this question as this is about my 3rd chi,but ask i will.I am feeding her orijen puppy and i was wondering if it would be ok to switch her to adult orijen,the reason being she is so hyper more so than my other two chi's where at this age.I didnt change them till 1year old.I am thinking the extra protein and calories in the puppy food are making her so hyper.She bounces from chair to chair ect...And i am frightened she will cause herself an injury.I tell her constantly no:foxes15: but to deaf ears it falls.lol If it helps even a little changing it would be great she is 8 months old now....many thanks.

·
Read Only
1,949 Posts
You don't have to switch to Orijen Adult.. You could switch to Orijen Regional Red or 6 fish, both of which are for all life stages. Then you would be feeding her a different food but not a food that is specifically for adult dogs. Maybe she just needs more walks since she has so much energy!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
She gets walks loads,Has been like this from a tiny pup.

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Puppies should be switched to an adult food when they are spayed/neutered. Before that, they need the nutrients and extra calories in puppy food...hyper or not!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Puppies should be switched to an adult food when they are spayed/neutered. Before that, they need the nutrients and extra calories in puppy food...hyper or not!

Poppy was spayed at 6 months she was too young to be changed then...I am in the process of changing her to orijen adult as from today.I know puppys are hyper ive had lots of them!!,but this is different.!!

·
Banned
6,940 Posts
Poppy was spayed at 6 months she was too young to be changed then...I am in the process of changing her to orijen adult as from today.I know puppys are hyper ive had lots of them!!,but this is different.!!
Right around then is the right time to change them if they are altered. Its not too young :) That is the American Kennel Club's recommendation as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts