Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright ladies and gentlemen. I'm sort of having a problem. Please don't be upset but I think I want to change Minka's name. I really like the name but I don't think it fits her well. I don't really think she looks like a Minka. And my mom doesn't like the name at all. I feel bad because I have already started calling her Minka Moo and it is a cute name but for some reason every time I call her that it just doesn't seem right. I haven't gotten her yet but I don't want it to be a bad start to our relationship. Someone told me that changing a pet's name was a bad omen. What do you think? If I do change her name I would like to stick to the two name thing. (I have a kitty named Gracie Lou and I was going to get Lacy May and then I switched to Minka Moo.)

·
Registered
936 Posts
I don't think its bad if "minka" hasn't responded to it yet. Seiah responds to both Seiah and Bobo. It just depends on whose calling him. I call him Seiah but my fiance calls him Bobo. He knows his name is Seiah but I think he responds to the pitch in the voice when my fiance calls him Bobo. :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
I don't think that it will be a problem. I have changed dogs names before (even older dogs) and they respond well. The pup we are getting is 3 mo old and has a name given to her by the breeder. We are planning to change it.

I really like Minka and if you change your pups name I may add it to my list! :lol:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am not sure what to change it to. I really like the name I guess I just need to be around her more so I can get used to saying it.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
hey, don't go by waht others like or dislike.... i learned that the hard way. every time i thought of a name at least one prson was like oh that's nice but you could tell they didn't like it so picking chiwi's name was really ahrd. finally i said oh the heck with everyone else she is my dog that's that. so i had a contest at work and i helped my co-worker by saing i like chi but that is too common and i like kiwi but again kinda common so she put chi with kiwi and i was hooked! not everyone likes it but oh well. i did the name thing with my daughter too. my mom was very influencial in naming her and i am still not completely happy with her name :roll: it's nto a bad one it just don't really suit her i guess.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Lori, you definitly have time to change it, right now you can call them anything and they run up to, as long as you made a sound...lol! I don't think they know your talking to them quite yet. We have quite a few weeks until we get them, plenty of time for you to pick that perfect name... :D
*Tiff

·
Registered
313 Posts
Its not to late hun! if its not right its not right.
i know what ur thinking "yeah well you wouldnt want me having it coz u made it up!"
But really, i had a cat and i was calling it a name i really didnt know if i liked ( he just didnt look like one) and it drove me mad and in the end i had to change it and i wish i had done it earlier.

Love n hugs

S xXx :wave:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.