Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have taken coco on the bus a couple of times and no one has ever said anything to me but today when i got on the bus home the driver said 'that will be £1.50,£1 for you and 50p for the dog' i wasnt sure if he was joking or not so i said 'are you joking?'and he said 'no'really stressily so i had to pay.
coco is a tiny chihuahua,he was tucked under my arm and any one would be able to see he is the quietest little dog ever and would not cause any trouble just siting on my lap,he wouldnt even take up a seat!
i thought this was really unfair,what if i didnt have enough money to get home?how are you meant to find out!?its just a cheap way of making money and i think it is very unfair.
has anyone else had to pay?
xxx

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
exactly,i asked the man how long this had been going on for and he started going on'...since 1980'or something like that and i told him id never had to pay before and he just said i was very lucky,i wouldnt have been able to have got home if i dint have enough money as there are no sighns or anything.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
ive usually had no problems with my old manchester terrier and she was a smallish but biggger than a chihuahua dog. I have had one guy winge then gave in and told him to keep him on my knee at all times.

·
Registered
4,764 Posts
dogs are free on busses in london.. just sometime sthey do this rude thumbpount upwards with a smirk on their face... in other words "get upstairs!!!"

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:? mmm...I would call customer service and ask....seriously....I would be really annoyed to find out that the drivers can charge whatever they want when they want....just because they don't like my dog. If he lied...I would write a formal complaint. :?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i thought but he even gave me a ticket for him saying dog on it so he cant have been,i dont think you can type out a ticket can you?

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:D lol, no...but I still would call and ask..you never know...there are crazy people out there. Just call and ask, since when? where do I get info? and stuff you might wanna know for future reference. :wink:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
:? Yeah, sucks..but I have to admit some people just don't like chihuahuas especially with lots of Hilton wannabes walking around. :roll:

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
It does seem odd that you were never asked to pay before. Maybe you just happened to get a driver that doesn't like dogs and was having a really bad day? :lol:

I agree, I don't think it is fair. But, neither do I think it's fair for the airlines to charge over half of full fare to take your dog on board with you. They must be small (not over 10 lbs. I think), must be in an approved airline soft sided carrier that will fit under the seat in front of you, and you aren't supposed to remove them from the carrier during flight. Oh, and the carrier counts as the one carry-on you are allowed to take on board with you, and you must make arrangements in advance of your flight. Just an excuse to charge extra IMO. I could see the extra charge if you were paying for an extra seat, but you aren't. As you can probably tell, this is sort of a sore subject with me. :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
czarina said:
Well, you are lucky you can even take your dog on the bus. I'm pretty sure you can't do that where I live.
:shock: Really, in T.O. you can take your dogs on the TTC but not on the GO and Greyhound doesn't allow them either. :?

:wink: Mississauga allows dogs on public buses, too.

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
We never get charged on the buses either, mine are usually in a carrier/ trolley though but you can see them.Keep the tickets you got though as it will have the drivers number on it so if there is a discrepancy ( spelling/) then they will know who the driver was.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Luc, on the devon buses we have to pay for them but its 20p not 50p and if you are lucky find a nice diver they will let u in for free

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Something my breeder said to me when I got zola. She said if you ever travel with him on the train be sure to put him in a carrier as they count that as luggage. She said if he is just sitting on my lap then they will charge me. How silly I thought. Ive not taken him on the bus yet but I know you definatley don't have to pay in Glasgow... Buses are so scumy here you should be paying the people and digs to get on them... lol

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
thanx everyone,i was so annoyed about it yesterday espeacillay since he was so rude about it and said it in a way like that it was my fault for not knwing,and he sounded really satisfactory about it,like he was glad to get extra money out of me,i think i will have to buy a carrier next time but i will ring up the bus station and find out more about it.
im glad im not the only one who thinks this is unreasnoble.
thank you
lucy
xxx

1 - 19 of 19 Posts