Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I don't know if you will remember or not, but a couple of weeks ago I mentioned that my ex-husbands ex-girlfriend was no longer able to care for his dog while he's in Iraq (my former dog.) Well, it seems she was able to find someone else to take him in, which is just as well because he is too big to have to live here in my condo. (Sweet, but big!)

HOWEVER ... I have found a breeder here in town who has a 10 week old little chi boy for $100. Why so little you ask? Because he has a hernia in his groin area. He won't be able to have it removed until he's 6 months old (when he's neutered they'd do it all at once.) He's CKC registered, but because of his injury she's lowered his price dramatically.

I don't care about his injury (as long as he will be okay) because I'm looking for a son, not a show dog or a stud dog.

I'm still torn about the fact I'm working long hours lately ... but that's also what's pushing me to consider a puppy instead of an adult dog. I can piddle pad train the puppy easier than I could an adult dog ... and even though the puppy would be in a cage during the day for a while, he would still be company to Charley.

Here's a picture of him, what do you all think?

:geek:

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
He's beautiful!! (No, you can't have Cooper LOL)

I gotta ask.. why not get a rescue chi that's already housebroken though?

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
You should definatly get him. That is a really cute puppy and he will need a home with someone who is willing to take care of his hernia. I would take him in a heartbeat if I could.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cooper said:

Well, is Cooper housebroken? :D

Seriously though, I have thought a lot about this ... and I considered getting a rescue, but all the rescues I found around here are housebroken to go potty outside. Since I'm gone 9-12 hours a day I don't feel it's right to make a baby hold it that long.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
oh my goodness he is gorgeous,i would get him, but if for some reason that doesn't work out i would definitley try to rescue!

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
what a cutie!!
i hope you get him- he's very adorable :)
and then beenie can run around saying he has a TRIPLET :lol:

seriously- i hope that everything works out! :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
EdukatedRedHed said:
Cooper said:

Well, is Cooper housebroken? :D

Seriously though, I have thought a lot about this ... and I considered getting a rescue, but all the rescues I found around here are housebroken to go potty outside. Since I'm gone 9-12 hours a day I don't feel it's right to make a baby hold it that long.
I wouldn't have a dog that wasn't housebroken! I'm too lazy to clean up poo. :lol:

I didn't think about the 9-12 hour thing... Cooper can hold his bladder for over 12 hours but I just don't think that's right. LOL He must have sold his liver or something to get an extra "tank".

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well ... we'll see tomorrow. Charley and I are going to see the little fella first thing in the morning. That way if I do get him, I'll have an entire day for him to get used to me.

Coop, you made me think about the housebreaking thing though. I had forgotten what that's like ... guess I may need to go buy a case of carpet cleaner! Good thing I work for a carpet company that makes a great carpet cleaning product!! I'll probably need it! :lol:

If I get him, y'all will be the 3rd to know! (My parents are going with me to see him, so they'll be the 1st and 2nd!) ;)

:flower:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
best of luck! :D
hopefully potty training won't be too hard for ya!

Beenie is here and says he hopes you get the baby so he can have a triplet! :lol: Gee he's quite the selfish one!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
luvnmydeerhd said:
best of luck! :D
hopefully potty training won't be too hard for ya!

Beenie is here and says he hopes you get the baby so he can have a triplet! :lol: Gee he's quite the selfish one!
Triplet? How so??? :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts