Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you may have read in a previous thread my boyfriend recently adopted (well sort of it's not totally final) a chi through the Chihuahua Rescue Transport. His name was Casey but we have been calling him Charlie. His foster mom is letting Brian and his room mate see how things go for a while to make sure that it is the right dog for their situation. So far everythings been going good.. him and Chloe played at one point but kind of just avoid each other for the most part. Charlie is VERY VERY shy and nervous and constantly follows Brian from room to room. If Brian leaves him he just waits by the door or looks out the window until he comes back :( .. poor little guy just loves Brian to death! So far his room mate seems to be opening up to him, but we are still going to see how the rest of the week goes to make the adoption final. I have been working with him to try and get him to come out of his shell but he is still very unsure (which is understandable). If anyone has any advice on rescue chis I would LOVE to hear it. Anyways here are some pics of the little guy.

In the car

You can see Chloe is climbing all over me in this picture LOL she is so curious and adventorous! While Charlie is so quiet and calm.. it is so funny how opposite they are.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
omg he is sooooo handsome
i hope everything works out with him
i bet his shyness doesnt last long and he will come out of his shell soon

·
Registered
3,592 Posts
He is definitely a cutie! I hope things work out because it sounds like he's really taken to your boyfriend already!

·
Registered
6,182 Posts
Hi there Charlie is adorable, Congratulations.

I didn't get Smiffy untill he was nearly 2 and he lived in an outdoor kennel and was used as a stud dog, so no interaction with humans much, children, home life so he really has come far. The day we picked him up hit went for my hubby and son (who was 11 at the time). Smiffy would hide/run from any suddern noise/movement and he really was shy and scared of eveyone and everything. All it took was time.

I think once you have built up a good relationship with him, you get to know each other he will be settled down in no time and become another member of your family.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! I am really hoping things will work out because he is a really nice dog. Brian would be his fourth home in 2 years so I am sure that is why he is very clingy and unsure. I can't wait to see how he is once he is more comfortable

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
He is such a pretty lil boy, It will just take him time. But I hope all goes well and this is his new forever home.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Awwww, God Bless the little fella. How wonderful of your boyfriend to make an attempt to give him a forever home. He is just as handsome as could be. I can fully understand his clinginess with being rehomed so many times in his life, poor guy. I hope it will all work out.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
His first owner was a younger girl who got a boyfriend that didn't like the dog. She then gave him to her best friend where the same situation occurred.. He then ended up in Lollipop Farm in Rochester NY, where Barb from the Chihuahua Rescue Transport saw him. She drove out to get him and had been fostering for about 4 months.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Awwwwwww, poor thing! Sounds like he's in good hands now though! Silly girl! Someone should have told her that boyfriends are a dime a dozen. Never choose a boyfriend over a dog!

·
Registered
388 Posts
awww hes gorgeous good luck with everything

1 - 17 of 17 Posts