Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Charlie is only 11 weeks old... so I would expect him to be a habitual chewer... We bought him plenty of toys in different textures so he could have all the variety in the world. Yet he insists on chewing on us! Arms, fingers, noses, lips, ears... anywhere! Give him a toy, he'll drop it in a sec to hunt down the arm that is pulling away. IS THIS a behaviorial problem? or just a puppy thing? How do you get him to stop? Incessantly repeating "NO NO NO NO NO" begins to lose meaning...and he starts to ignore us. I'll even shake his toy and make him chase after it...but he's much more interested in my arm than the toy. He bites hard too! This is growing to be a really annoying problem! Makes it really not fun for us to play with him... or even sit with him...

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Hi! I have posted and have been talking about this same thing with my 10 week old Hershey in a different thread in Chi Chat. It's just a puppy thing. Hershey is hurting me and my Husband also biting and chewing on us. He ignores the toys with us also. :roll: Seems like it may be quite a while, possibily, before they outgrow this. :( Dang tiny, sharp teeth! :evil: LOL! :lol:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there,

Just to encourage you-my 13 month old female was a real chewer too!!!
And it seemed that she enjoyed our fingers and hands more than anything we gave her-chew toys, old shoes, etc.

She did get over it but it wasn't over night-it took a few months. I'm sure it must have something to do with teething. Now she rarely chews on us unless she's playing rough with us.

Hang in there!!

·
Registered
974 Posts
My Charley did this when he was a pup. I ended up going to Target (I think) and in the baby section they had this terry cloth glove with little animal heads on the end of the fingers. You are supposed to use it to wash babies and entertain them at the same time. I used it to allow Charley to chew without hurting. He outgrew that phase ... your Charlie will too!

:flower:

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
EdukatedRedHed said:
My Charley did this when he was a pup. I ended up going to Target (I think) and in the baby section they had this terry cloth glove with little animal heads on the end of the fingers. You are supposed to use it to wash babies and entertain them at the same time. I used it to allow Charley to chew without hurting. He outgrew that phase ... your Charlie will too!

:flower:
That sounds like a good idea. :wave:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts