Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chloe has an extremely small mouth and wont pick up anything bigger than it.
She's starting to pick up little sticks and chewing on them, and im scared that little bits are going to get stuck inside her intestines.
I know that raw hide and pig ear chews are bad, are tripe sticks okay?
I have a gluten alergy, and so does Chloe (She had an allergy to Bakers, the food she was on in her previous home. She is now on Orijen) so a treat chew needs to be gluten free, safe and available in the UK.
She's not the most playful dog, as she was deprived of her puppy hood (she was used for breeding), but she loves her little teddies, and has got MUCH more playful the last few weeks. (i think shes feeling really healthy now shes on a good food)
I would love to buy her some chew toys, but i cant find any small enough for her little mouth! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Jazz will happily chew on anything I give her, including things that are practically larger than she is lol! Tango on the other hand, is far more picky. But what I've realized with him is that it's not the size of the treat so much as it is the shape and the weight. If it's too heavy for him to easily pick up he won't touch it. (As opposed to Jazz who, if a chewie is too heavy, she'll just plop down right where it is and start in!) If it's nice and thin (so it's easy to get his mouth on) but too long, he won't go for it. He actually prefers a chew I get from the Vet's (I don't think you can get them in the UK) call Virbac CET chews. They re roughly rectangular in shape though pretty irregular looking, about the size of a pack of cards, and treated with chlorhexidine to help with dental hygiene. Tango happily chews on those (and anything else I can find that's roughly that size, shape and weight) while turning up his nose at pretty much everything else.

Sorry for being a motor mouth lol! All that is just to say that Chloe may be similar to Tango, and be very picky about not just the size of her chewies, but the shape and the weight too.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Tink! That might be the case :]
By the way, Jazz and tingo are sooooo gorgeous! (lovely names too!)

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
By the way, Jazz and tingo are sooooo gorgeous! (lovely names too!)
Awww. Thanks. :) I happen to think they're pretty cute too, but of course I'm quite prejudiced. ;)

I'm a ballroom dancer, so Tango was named to honor that. I wanted to continue the theme with Jazz, but I just couldn't settle on a name that fit. She was Cha-Cha for a few days, but that just wasn't her. The name "Jazz" wasn't particularly ballroom-y, but it sounded musical and artistic, and it seemed to fit well with the name "Tango" and it really worked with her personality, so Jazz she became!

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think Jazz is a much better name than Cha-Cha. Tango and Cha-Cha doesnt go together as well as Tango and Jazz :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts