Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bijoux has always chewed her paws and it's always been her back paws it's not allergies because she did it when she was on raw to, I didn't think anything of it until today I watched her do it on each back paw 10 minutes each. What do you guys think habit or possible vet trip?

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
It could be anxiety to. Jasper does that usually to his front paws when he is upset or anxious about something. Sometimes it has gotten so bad that he get's little red sores on his legs. 1 time corresponded with a limping problem with his back leg, once when I broke my ankle, then when I had my ankle surgery. Most recently was the day we bought Hannah home from the vet and found out she was sick again. Latest incident has had Jasper after his paws for several days now. Makes me nuts and no matter what he persists unless I cover his paws with something. Our vet said we could put him on anti-anxiety meds, but unless it get's more serious or frequent I don't want to drug Jasper.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm I think you may be right I have anxiety I'm trying to control and tend to cuddle her for comfort when I'm trying to release my tension.

And she is skittish as it is and with me moving things in today I know she was hiding maybe I should think about a thunder shirt for her?

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
I would try to increase her exercise, let out some excess energy.
It doesn't hurt to mention it to your vet as well, see what he/she thinks.

ps: love you Xmas siggy, Bijoux got so big, you should post some recent pics of her, I'd LOVE to see! :)

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi! chilli also does this, and has done since being a puppy,he seems to only do it when he is totaly relaxed and about to sleep. its always just the back paws, and he never chews hard enough to break the skin or anything, in fact he fell asleep once with his back paw in his mouth lol.( Like a baby would with a pacifier/dummy:binky:)My friends chi also does it, i think his is a habbit thing he has some strange little habbits lol!! hope this helpsxxx

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Benny has always done this since the day we brought him home and he is 3 years old. He is a very "nervous" dog, always has been. He does this at night when he is sleepy too but only front paws. That's funny falling asleep with paw in mouth!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts