Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly is not fond of many "Chews". She had a dental when they spayed her this December, and told us we needed to brush her teeth and provide her with a variety of chews (both dental and the regular treat type) I have bought everything I can think of (greenies, oinkies, dentasticks, Etc) and she takes them and hides them somewhere, but never wants to chew them. She also doesn't really seem to know how to play with toys. We have bought her a variety of squeaky, rope, plush and ball toys and she looks at them and walks away. I have never had a dog show such disinterest in toys and chews.
Does anyone have any good ideas of what to get her to want to play, and what types of chews we should try?

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
None of those treats you mentioned provide too much nutritional value (to my knowledge, I know the dentastix made my girl sick for 2 days), i'd go for something like bully sticks. They cost a bit more, but my two inhale them like they're going out of style.

Some pups just aren't chewers, but a little dab of natural PB on a bully gets my two in a frenzy.

Also I hear ostrich tendon is great for a flossing effect if you can get your hands on that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have even tried bully sticks!! I know the others are pretty much just junk food, but it was my desperate attempt at finding something she would chew!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Sounds like the only thing you havent tried is a Raw meaty bone :D I cant imagine any dog sticking their nose up to that;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts