Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am friends with a gal who works @ a great pet store here in Montreal. Now, before you get all riled up about pet stores, here is the thing. I am not a fan of them either - but this one genuinely cares about their animals and will not sell them to just anyone. In fact, I know of many people who've gotten beautiful purebred animals from this store (for free) because the animal has something like a heart murmur or a slight medical condition that is entirely treatable and the animal can live a long life.....the store just can't 'SELL' them, so they give them away to good homes. As a matter of fact, I recently helped them adopt out a papillon thru a local rescue place. Good people.

Anyway - this brings me to this: They have a 4 month old purebred chi there right now who has a molera - soft spot on it's head. This soft spot is the reason they can't sell a $1700 dog. So, if they get the go-ahead from the vet, they will be able to give this dog away. And you guessed it: I might just be the adopt-er! (I was going to look for a 2nd chi in the spring..but hey, sometimes these things happen).

Do you guys have experience with the 'soft spot'? If so - how has it affected your dog - or your dealings w/ the dog? It scares me a little....but maybe I'm overreacting...

· Banned
5,303 Posts
most chis are born with a molera and they close up over time lily still has hers but it is only small about the diameter of a small pea , it used to be a disqualification from showing etc if a chihuahua did not have a molera. so I dont see why they will have to put her for adoption as this is just a regular chi trait and will close over time - much the same as a babys soft spot :wave:

· Registered
97 Posts
Well...I guess if any head shape that's not real round with a sharp stop is considered deer head, then he qualifies. But what I had in mind was a head shape like Kiwi's.

Doesn't matter to me.....I love him anyway!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.