Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what age everyone's chi's have lived to or how old your oldest Chis are? I read someone on here (sorry, I forgot who it was) had a chi that lived to 22 and I was wondering what age Mylo is likely to live to? If they make it to that kind of age do they still get old and less mobile early on or do they seem young for a lot longer (sorry if my meaning isn't clear there).

I also read a while ago about a woman who BARF fed her spaniels and said that they lived a lot longer than her dogs who were fed on commercial dog food. Do you guys have any experience of dogs living longer on a raw diet? I feed Mylo ZP and raw, can I expect him to live longer? I want to do anything I can to extend the amount of time with him and know that I have a long time ahead with him. One of the main things that put me off having a dog was the experience of losing pets in the past. Sorry for the long post!

·
Administrator
6,452 Posts
That was my Rusty who lived for 22 years. He weighed about 6lbs and ate the cheapest food we could find. This was before I knew any better and we were very poor. He went everywhere with me, in the basket on my bike when I was younger. He was a real stocky little guy.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
I can sympathize with you. I do not read the posts under "rainbow bridge" because it is so sad to hear that someone has lost their chi. Miya is my best friend and I love her more than anything. Just the thought brings sadness. Last night, and in the past, I will go to the loveformia website. Do you know her story? If not, check her out, it is wonderful, as is the strong woman who took care of her. Her name is Sue.
They also have a Facebook page. I always find myself looking at it and pictures of her. It made me cry last night. Then when I think of Miya passing, well I wont depress you with that. I try to not think about it often, but sometimes it is inevitable. I love my sweet girl so much.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow - what a good old age. I hope Mylo lives that long!

Yea...I don't really read that stuff. It makes me so sad. It was the thread about having to put a dog down that got me thinking about it and the thread quite upset me. I know what you mean though Tiffany...I've gotten so attached to Mylo in the 8 weeks we've had him that I missed him so bad the 5 days we were away. I can't imagine how devastated I'll be. It's another reason why I wanted a puppy bacause then I'd have the longest time possible with him.

I haven't heard of herbut I shall look :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts