Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my best friends ex boyfriends mother dumped off her male chihuahuas on her son. Who of course refused to take care of them and rehomed the smaller more friendly male. They kept the other guy in the spare room with literally a 6-8inch by 3 foot space to walk around,eat and use the potty. There was feces everywhere and he looked so horrified. My friend tried cleaning and caring for him, but he'd bitten her several times and absolutely refuses to allow her to get close enough to clean. I couldn't stand to leave him there in that condition(because her ex refused to care for him) so I asked him to put the dog in the kennel and bring him to me. He is now in my bathroom, which is much larger space and easier to clean than the room he was in at their home. But with my Xombie and Hercules and my daughter, I just can't keep him. I refuse to dump him at the SPCA, it's a death sentence for a dog who's as unsocial and "bitey" as he is. But I need to find a rescue, or foster or adopter for him. He's a beautiful boy but he needs alot of TLC to make things right. It breaks my heart to see him so afraid. If anyone here has a suggestion or could possibly foster and help this little guy, PLEASE don't hesitate to contact me. He was very bonded to the family he lived with but i afraid of strangers and will take alot of work, but I've seen how sweet he can be with someone he trusts and I want to see him happy. He deserves it.

·
Registered
3,206 Posts
You are a great person taking him in and trying to find him a new home. It sounds like he was in a terrible situation. I really hope you can find someone through here that can help him. Or at least talk to some people here that can point you in the right direction to find him a new home. Do you have a picture of him?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both. I'm letting him settle in and hopefully I can snap a picture or two tonight or tomorrow. Right now he won't even come out of his kennel if anyone is in the room. :( poor baby. I feel so sorry for him. I just want him to find a home where he can be happy.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Oh goodness, he is an adorable little guy. I love his coloring and that sweet face.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He is a beautiful guy and he was really sweet with the family he was with. But they pretty much dumped him off on their son who wouldn't be bothered to care for him. I couldn't just leave him there.

·
Registered
3,727 Posts
He is sooo beautiful. If I was closer... When I got Tiko, he was the same way. It took two full days of me going into the bathroom all day long and reading a book and ignoring him before he ventured out of the kennel and came over to sniff me. He is now bonded strongly with me. Thank you for rescuing him. He's never bit me or tried, but he does get that way with the rest of the family They just know Tiko is mine and they are not to touch him.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
http://i1216.photobucket.com/albums/dd364/MandahMonstah/2012-04-26192521.jpg

We had a breakthrough! After bringing him into my bedroom and just sitting with him (with Xombie) for a few hours and about 30 minutes of him biting at me and getting no reaction out of it he finally not only allowed me to pet him, but cuddle him and pick him up! Such an awesome feeling! I know we're still a long long way from done, but it's a good sign and reaffirms my hope that he could make someone a really great pet. I wish I could keep him myself but I just can't have another dog at this point, I won't give up on him and I refuse to take him to the shelter,but I definitely need to find him a foster or rescue. Thank you all for your kind thoughts and words.

·
Registered
3,960 Posts
Amanda, that is wonderful news.. just shows that love conquers fears, huh?
I have crossed posted the info about the little guy to another small dog forum I participate in, with the hope of widening the search to find him a home or a foster.
Deb

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
He is absolutely precious! He looks really tiny. I would love to have him, but I am also with a "BUT!" I am still working on the one I have to be more friendly! And I have another problem . . .if I were to get everyone that I wanted, I would be overrun with chis!!! Not a bad thing. lol. But seriously, he will come around and do wish I could have him!!

Good for you for taking him!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.