Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little girl Bella used to be such a tough little cookie but for the last 8 months or so she get's terrified of the bad weather. Wind dark clouds rain really even when it's not that bad it's like she knows something's coming.She tries to hide in the hall if noone is around and if we are on the couch she's right on top of us shivering. Poco has his own list of fears the truck the camera anything you have in your hand when you come near him.I know this is a chihuahua thing they shiver and shake sometimes for no reason. Just wondering what your babies are scared of.

·
Registered
15,323 Posts
Mr. Peepers isn't really scared of anything besides the Vet that is :) and Buster (the white one) is scared of loud noises, going outside and being without me. :wink:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I have been told that chi's do sometimes shiver and shake for no reason at all. Lily shivers when she's cold (duh :lol: ), when she knows we're going for a ride and when she's scared. She also has her fears, of which there are many. When I first got her she had never been properly socialized (with other dogs or people) so she was terrified of everything and everybody. We've worked real hard at alleviating some of her fears but many remain. Now it's mostly sudden noises that scare her and they don't even have to be very loud, just unexpected. Strangers still scare her - kids terrify her so I don't even allow them to pet her, which breaks my heart - but she's great around the people who work at her daycare. That took months though, it didn't happen overnight. Two years ago we spent most of July 4th evening in the bathroom (where she feels safe) but last year she was hardly scared at all. I'm hoping this year will be even better for her. I guess I'd just say "be patient." :)

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
The only thing Gadget hates is the vacuum cleaner. He will run into his bag and stay there until the vacuum goes away....

He only shivers when he is cold or when he is excited... sometimes he will shake when he is meeting a new person for the first time, but it is more of a shake not a shiver.

·
Registered
9,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only thing that really bothers me is leaving her. I just feel so bad I don't work outside the home but if I leave at all I'm on this guilt trip.I'm sure that's how everyone feels but when she's shivering and scared it's harder , she has Poco here but like I've said I think she'd rather she was the only pup in the house.I don't even feel like this when I leave the kids but they're teenagers not babies.

·
Registered
9,210 Posts
Gadget's Mom said:
The only thing Gadget hates is the vacuum cleaner. He will run into his bag and stay there until the vacuum goes away....

He only shivers when he is cold or when he is excited... sometimes he will shake when he is meeting a new person for the first time, but it is more of a shake not a shiver.
Mine hate that too. More so Bindi

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
There are 4 reasons why Chihuahuas could shake.

1. Nervous

2. Cold

3. Over stimulated

4. Low blood sugar

mine hate the vacuum too!!! I think that is the only fear they have.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts