Chihuahua People Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
6,940 Posts
I agree but I think there are problems with condoning people just breeding their pets...it causes problems for other people, pain, when puppies don't turn out as expected, or are sick, have genetic problems, etc. . .the problem is that gentle words of wisdom are shunned by these careless breeders and that prompts some people to be more harsh...and only because they care about the breed. It saddens me that it is acceptable for people to post their careless litters here but unacceptable to guide or direct or provide constructive criticism. Many times I have seen people be gentle with their words to these people who clearly know nothing about breeding, only to be smacked rudely in the face by said careless breeder. THIS is what starts the arguments, the problems, more often than not. Its sad that it is this way, but I think it is really disappointing the general blanket of acceptedness that seems to be required of these people who are basically doing something wrong :-/

· Banned
6,940 Posts
I just do not see why the ONLY seemingly appropriate response to "I bred my substandard pet" is... "awwwwww, CUTE!" :-/

I mean, the one person left her intact male and female in a crate together for extended free-for-all's...this could've killed one or both of them! It could have caused serious problems! And when people point that out, they are being nasty? Mean? Some other person bred her PUPPY...left the puppy ALONE to birth the babies...and then bragged everyone was fine. I mean really, guys? You want us to encourage this, smile about it, fluffy it up with rainbows?

People need to be made to think about their decisions. Awwwww CUTE just doesn't make them do that :-/

Many of us here have pets from BYB, pet stores, whatever. We love them dearly and they are no less than the greatest champions in the eyes of our heart, but some dogs should not be reproducing and it is very frustrating to see it encouraged! No one is being mean about dogs that exist and I would not even say anyone is being 'mean' about the unethical breeding that has occurred, but sometimes the truth hurts, I'm sorry to say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.