Chihuahua People Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1,144 Posts
I have to agree with you wholeheartedly, Deb.

I jumped into Chis head first - always a big dog kinda gal before the Chi bug bit me...I joined this forum to learn all I could about the breed, but also to make a few friends who were (quite obviously) as obsessed with their babies as I am.

I have learned alot - most of it from my dogs.

I stumble across tons of posts here that I don't necessarily agree with. I generally just keep my mouth shut and move on. It's not that it doesn't bother me, it's just that it isn't worth the hassle to me. Very few of the Chis on here are 'picture perfect' - I know mine are not - but everyone one of them are precious. It's not my job to critique everyone's choices.

I've moderated dozens of forums over the years...Everything from fish (African cichlids) to tarot reading courses...You're always going to have trouble makers, everywhere you go. It's tough work for mods to stay on top of things at all times, and often things get out of control before they can put a stop to it. I'd like to think the trouble makers are reprimanded 'behind the scenes' - in many forums they would be banned, either temporarily or permanently, depending on their history.

This is a great forum if you're looking for information, but you just have to keep in mind that you don't have to agree with all of the info you read!

With all that being said, I do think it's a shame how members are verbally attacked. Sometimes it seems like the wrong members are the ones who wind up leaving...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.