Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I rescued my Chi (Sadie) from a very bad home.. so I haven't had her since she was a pup. She has been with me for about a year now and is in her second heat (since she has been with me) when she came to me she was just coming out of heat. I am getting her spayed after this cycle as my vet has advised me to do. But what I'm wondering is why my Chi doesn't bleed? Is it possible that she doesn't bleed? Her previous owner told me she hasn't bled during... and she is just showing signs now.. This is her first full heat with me so I'm wondering more what to expect?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
There is often less blood for the first few heats it also depends on the particular dog. Neither of my childhood dogs bled much. You might find a spot or two on bedding. Sorry I can't be more helpful as I don't have any experience with this with a dog of my own.

·
Banned
645 Posts
My oldest Chi bled the first two heats and then never bled again. I never planned to breed her and the vet said she was fine so I didn't worry about it. She's been fixed since then. I wish I could have gotten her fixed before the first heat but she didn't gain enough weight in time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts