Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
A friend of mine had that problem with Pekingnese. Her husband just couldn't gain the little girl's love. They put a very, very special food (in this case jarred meat baby food) on his forearm and he laid down on the floor until the puppy came to sniff out the goodie. The trick, she said, was that it was such a special treat that she didn't even give it to the pup. Only her husband. So the only way the pup could get it was to get close to and trust her hubby.

Of course, they are now best friends, but the little one thinks he should have potted meat on his arm everytime she jumps up on him.

I won a feral cat over the same way once. She would go to my husband but not to me so I would dip my fingers in braunschweiger (sp?) and sit very still until she came to me. After a month she would come every time she saw me and be happy with just some hugs. And this was a feral cat so maybe it will work with chis, too?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.