Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One other chi im interested in weighs 16 oz or so, she is seven weeks old. Is this a normal size, large, small? What would be your estimated adult weight.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
That is a pretty small Chihuahua. According to the Chihuahua weight chart, she'd be in the 3 - 4 pound range full-grown.

Good luck! :wave:

·
Registered
76 Posts
.i weighed odie yeserday. that exactly the weight of odie. :) :) . i assume odie will be 3-4 pounds. :wave: does anybody have apic of a grown chih of that weight just so i can get a generel idea.

·
Registered
76 Posts
*giggle* i dont think we could get smaller than tiny bless her. i expect odie will be little too lol. :wave: then there is the amount it eats etc...which is a good point. :wink:

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
sjc said:
The Chi weight chart was way off on all three of my Chi's :shock:
did it say they would be more or less?? this chart comes up way to much if you ask me.

i say who cares! stop worrying about what they will weigh when they are adults, enjoy them now cause when they finally reach the adult weight you are gonna miss the puppy smallness. i tell myself all the time chiwi will be between 2 1/2- whatever it doesn't matter to me. the weight chart has her between 2 1/2- 3. i don't worry about it, i have a friend with an eating disorder and is preoccupied with her weight i don't need a chi with the same disorder :wink: :wave: i almost started to wonder and look forward to seeing what her final weight would be, and then her coat color and length/thickness/texture but i said oh enough already. she is my baby and it doesn't matter if she turned out green with bald patches and was 10 pounds it wouldn't make me love ehr less.....

(ok well i would think about dying her coat if it was green, i HATE that color and am green prejudice)

·
Registered
530 Posts
:lol:
Sorry luvmypuppet I'm sure you were being serious but you made me laugh.
Charlie is about a pound bigger than the chart said he would be but I'm not worried he's very muscular and heavier than he looks, like picking up a furry little brick. :lol:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
the charts ok for a gerneral idea, id prolly say 3 1/2 lbs for your baby, which is about the same size of vixie, my girl is 3lb 7oz,
the pictures are an idea of a 3 1/2 lb apple headed chi. the ferret is only 2 lbs and almost as tall as her. if your dog is deer typed chi it might weigh a little more or less but will be taller than it is long, where appleheads have shorter legs compared to the length of their body. so might weigh a little more but look smaller because of height.

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
jlcase said:
:lol:
Sorry luvmypuppet I'm sure you were being serious but you made me laugh.
Charlie is about a pound bigger than the chart said he would be but I'm not worried he's very muscular and heavier than he looks, like picking up a furry little brick. :lol:
my personality is to bring comedy into seriousness, i am glad i made you laugh it was a goal lol. i like people to smile but also to "hear" the message.. ya know :wave:

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
I'm not trying to cause trouble but... why all the emphasis on the puppy's physical appearance? I know everyone wants a puppy of a certain color, coat, head shape, size, etc. But it is the personality of your dog that will make you fall madly in love with it. It's the personality that will make your dog a unique and fascinating creature. And it's the personality that will make you love that dog for the rest of your life.

Is my Lily the prettiest chi on earth? No, of course not. I have eyes and I can see there are plenty of chi's right here in this forum who would leave her in the dust in a beauty contest. But to me, there couldn't possibly be a more beautiful animal on the planet. And it's her personality that makes her soooo beautiful.

Just my two cents. :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Rachel. your sooooo right but Im so nervous about making my choice. you are 100% correct personality is the most important. I think im being too analytical about the whole thing. I want this kind, that color yadda yadda.Then I make my decison and question if its the right one. I think I may have OCD. lol :lol:

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Minx is 3 and half pounds and Brooke is 6&half pounds. Here is a pic so you can compare their sizes. For all her tiny size Minx is a feisty little thing. My hubby keeps remarking on how she's a big dog in a tiny body. She's 17 months old.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Well said Luvmypuppet and Rachel!! I was guilty also of always looking at that ridiculous weight Chart :roll: Who cares! Chihuahua Beauty comes in all sorts of shapes and sizes---just like people! People who are short want to be tall and vice versa!! It is the "inside' that counts!! I have seen some gorgeous dogs and also people.... but, their personality made them so ugly! I had to live with being the "tallest" (5'11') all my life! When I put on my "heels" I'm atleast 6'2'. Believe me, someone always ask me "how tall are you???" :roll: :shock:

I have personally not met or seen any of you guys, but just by your posts and sweet and lively personalities.....your all BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

sandra

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I have desided that who ever Gadget grows up like I will still love him no matter what... I did how ever fall in love with him because he was the only pup in the litter that looked like his dad... I love his dad.. he is really a cute dog... but after 5 months we al know that he doesn't look like dad any more... This does not make me love him any less. I do see alot of Gadget's dad in him... Gadget's personality is what makes me love him... yeah and his good looks...

I have followed the charts just for fun... Up until he was 20 weeks he was right on with the charts.. then he bloomed and now he is between 1 and 2 weeks bigger sooner.... but this doesn't make me love him any less.

He is still my little baby Gadget and he always will be....

I do have to say that it has been fun watching him grow... I have taken over 300 pictures of him since he was 24 hours old(the first time I saw him)

·
Registered
5,807 Posts
Soon2bechiowner said:
Rachel. your sooooo right but Im so nervous about making my choice. you are 100% correct personality is the most important. I think im being too analytical about the whole thing. I want this kind, that color yadda yadda.Then I make my decison and question if its the right one. I think I may have OCD. lol :lol:
Trust your instincts and you can't go wrong. There will be a little inner voice (or maybe even a loud inner voice :lol: ) that will say "This is the one for me, no question about it." And you'll feel 100% right about your decision.

You're right to do your homework... though you might possibly have OCD. :D :D

·
Registered
518 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
sjc said:
I have personally not met or seen any of you guys, but just by your posts and sweet and lively personalities.....your all BEAUTIFUL!!! :D

sandra
Let's not get carried away. :D :D :D :D
LOL Yall are funny! :lol:

Looks don't matter in the long run. My last dog, Dumpy, was soooooo cute as a baby. She was a little fat white thing intended to be hanging out of a Christmas stocking. :D

When she reached 15 years old she looked like a concentration camp survior, but still had a wagging tail. She had a special diet because of her Cushing's disease. At 16 she because grotesquely swollen because of some secondary effects of the Cushing's. But, through it all - all I saw was the most beautiful girl in the world.

Frasier's cuteness is just luck. People stop in the store to stare at him. But, when I got him he stunk and his hair was matted and coming off in handfuls. He'd never been brushed or bathed. The second I pushed the hair out of his eyes and he looked into my eyes I knew I was his mom and he was my baby. It was a 2 hour ride home and I sneezed so bad my nose bled. Imagine my delight the next day when I got all the dead stale hair off of him and cleaned him up. :)

Now, no matter how cute others say he is, I still see that musty little hair ball that stole my heart. :)

Stop worrying about how the puppy looks and get the one that makes your heart beat funny when you first see him/her. :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts