Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Would anyone be willing to help me out, maybe give me a little information on making slings to carry around my Chi in? I'd like to take him places, and I thought it would be oh-so-cute to carry him around in a sling. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
I can't help you out with a sling but I can help you out with a pouch type carrier.... or a front pack carrier....

I make the pouch type and the front pack kind...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would be perfect as well--do you think you might give me some construction tips? My fingers are itching to draft up a pattern and sew up a storm. :pirate: :D

·
Registered
4,512 Posts
Sure... What kind of information do you need?

The first pouch I made I took 2 jean legs adn opened them up aand then sewed them together using the hem of the pants for the top.. then I took another pair of legs and made the strap... I then put a pocket on the fron.. I put mine up too high...

I also used a pair of jean shorts and sewed the bottom at the crotch and then took a piece of cotton and looped it through the belt loops and sewed it to the front of the pants covering the snap. Then I took the same material and used it for the strap... I gave it to a friend of mine and she loves it... made a matching blanket for it..

you can also take a square piece of material I would go like 18 X 18 I think that is the size I did..... <BRain is tired from sewing all afternoon and evening> any way you want to tak a square and sew it.. take another square... The one you want for the inside needs to be a couple inches longer.. YOu want to put the wrong sides together one inside the other... then you fold the inside one over the top of the outside one and then sew it across the bottom for the inside piece. Okk DId I say that right? if you are not confused... good luck. But if you are confused then Ask me to explain it better...
oh heck I will show you a picture.

this is the one I made for my friend out of the jean shorts.

This is the one I made from the jean legs.

This is the snuggle bag I made... to turn it into a pouch all you would have to do it put a strap on it...

good luck

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I have something very similar to that for Cooper when he rides with me on the Harley. It's a bit deeper and I added a belt-like thing around the middle area so I could belt it around me and he doesn't fly all over the place.

I should really get a photo of Cooper wearing his Doggles and his Harley cap. But then he'd think I was taking him on the bike ... ah, maybe we could go on a spin. :)

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Cooper said:
I have something very similar to that for Cooper when he rides with me on the Harley. It's a bit deeper and I added a belt-like thing around the middle area so I could belt it around me and he doesn't fly all over the place.

I should really get a photo of Cooper wearing his Doggles and his Harley cap. But then he'd think I was taking him on the bike ... ah, maybe we could go on a spin. :)
Cooper rides with you on a Harley? You have got to post some pics of that - please, please, please. :lol:

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
i sooo want to see that as im a harley lover AND a chi lover and my ultimate goal is to get a bike and get vixie a cute little leather jacket :p

1 - 8 of 8 Posts