Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Rocky would do everything for his Rinti Mini Bits and he also really likes dried meat (chicken, lamb, duck, rabbit) which I cut into small pieces. Those both are really his favourite.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
I dont buy any treats. Mine likes anything, she is not picky at all. Cheese and chicken especially. She doesnt like raw vegetables though, like carrots for instance. She will gobble them boiled though. As a matter of fact, I boil them and keep them as little treats..otherwise she is has a tendancy to get pudgy with other things.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Angel will eat just about anything! I usually make their treats so that I can, at the end of working the dough, make itty, bitty tiny training treats.

But I recently got the idea of rice cakes! They are small, very low cal, and flavorful! Although Angel doesn't really care if they have no flavor - hahaha.
I buy the mini ones, usually cheese ones and break them up, or give one whole. I thing one mini cake has like 8 or 10 calories! So if I break it into 3 pieces I can get 3 commands out of one!

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Elvis must be really odd then. LOL. Wouldn't surprise me. I've tried liver of all kinds, different types of meat, etc. Maybe he just isn't a meat lover.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Toby is super picky. He will take pieces of the liver I dehydrate, though. He also likes his Ziwipeak well enough that I can use it for a treat. But her honestly doesn't get treats often- maybe a couple times a month.

Sent from my iPhone using PetGuide

·
Registered
299 Posts
The only treat Onyx loves is Konas Chips. She loves their chicken jerky crunch sticks. It is hard for me to find treats that she likes since nothing is a higher reward than her raw food. I don't mind though because I prefer not to use treats, not even for training.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Angel will eat just about anything! I usually make their treats so that I can, at the end of working the dough, make itty, bitty tiny training treats.

But I recently got the idea of rice cakes! They are small, very low cal, and flavorful! Although Angel doesn't really care if they have no flavor - hahaha.
I buy the mini ones, usually cheese ones and break them up, or give one whole. I thing one mini cake has like 8 or 10 calories! So if I break it into 3 pieces I can get 3 commands out of one!
Hey, good idea! I think I will try that too. We dont have flavored ones here, but I am sure she will like those.

Thats what I like about these threads. So many great people with so many great things to share.

·
Registered
16,946 Posts
KC eats anythin and everything , i do love gettin her those

even dex eats these once in a while. Dex is one picky chi and only loves the best of best treats esp. the chicken jerkys i make for him at home :) oh and zukes chicken fillet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Willy loves Mini Training Reward treats by Pet Botanics for Small Dogs and Puppies. They are only 1/2 calorie per treat. They come in several flavors, he loves them all. I get them at Petsmart for $2.99 for pkg of 200. When I'm training him I break them in half or thirds so they're really quite inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've tried a lot of different treats with Toffee, but the ones she goes absolutely crazy for are Snausages and milk bones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts