Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to go and pick up another pack of heartworm pills today, so I thought I would bring them with to see how much they weigh.
Guillermo was 8.8 in March now he is a healthy 7.6!!
Chica is the same at 6.6.
The doc said that their body condition is a 5! I am so proud of all of our walks, and I had also realized that I was feeding them way to much kibble. They were getting 1/4 cup twice a day! so that has been cut in half. also they get raw a few times a week.
I did ask the vet how he feels about raw feeding, and of coarse he said hes not a fan of it. Little does he know!!! And while I was standing there next to a huge display of Science Diet, I was going on and on about how much I loved Origen and Acana. teeheeeheee...

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Oh mi amor Guillermo, I'm so proud of your sexy healthy bod! Good boy! And
what a good mama you have for exercising you, and feeding you a balanced
food. Give mama a big kiss on the nose! :p

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wow! That is a big weight loss for a little guy. Sounds like he is where he should be if he has a 5 body condition. Good for you Both:salute:.

·
Registered
5,776 Posts
Congrats!! Its great that you were able to get him to lose the weight. Health is number one!!! Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using PG Free

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Because of this site, I did not understand or know how bad supermarket food was for them. They were on Iams smart puppy or something along those lines. Chica got a terrible eye infection and the vet could not figure it out, put her on antibiotics, gave her and antibiotic to put IN her eye and nothing worked. I came to this site and did a search and found it could be the corn in the food, and to rinse her eye out with saline! First I switched them to Natural choice, well I thought it was good, it was grain free. It worked, her eye cleared up. But did a little more research and joined this site and ended up putting them on Origen, well Guillermo got an upset tummy on it so we went on Acana and raw. They are so healthy now and I only have you guys to thank. So THANK YOU ALL!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts