Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get a huge pack of these for less than $2 at our local discount grocery store... I don't know for the life of me what people normally do with them, but the dogs love them as a frozen treat. Can't be much nutritional value but they definitely enjoy em...

(there's just something odd about a puppy in a pink bunny costume massacring a chicken foot.. lol)

·
Registered
266 Posts
As far as I know, people in some parts of the country eat them.

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
Chicken feet are a natural source of glucosamine and chondriotin. :)
Love the pics!

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Excellent! Brody loves chicken feet. They are high in cartilage and so they have a lot of glucosamine and are great for joints! I've never tried them frozen though. Bet they were a super jaw and teeth workout!

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well gee, now I feel even better about feeding it to them, lol! I love pulling them out of the freezer when we have guests over, they always get creeped out. Is it weird if I like disturbing people? haha.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Cute pictures :) Love the bunny suit!!!

What kind of grocery store did you get them from? Ive never seen them here :confused: My pups would probably love them.

·
Registered
3,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's Save-A-Lot. It's a discount grocery store, I think it's a fairly big chain? But maybe it's just around here, lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I feed feet sometimes to firm up meal with no bone, like egg, tripe or heart. I did worry at first if they were nutritional as they are a lot of fat and grissle and skin, but as Momof4chis said in a more scientific way, the tendons and cartilage in the joints contain all the stuff the joints of dogs need.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts