Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are chicken thighs ok for raw food. I'm am starting raw Monday and I want to get stocked with some chicken as I no you have to start with chicken.
As a addition to that I did cook them chicken breast tonight. It was slightly cooked but raw in the middle but I'm going pure raw Monday.

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
Chicken thighs are fine. Be sure not to overfeed, it's easy to do. Just an ounce or so to begin. I take off the skin/fat blobs for beginners. They may not be able to eat much of the thigh bone, they are pretty hard. But if they can just chew on the knobby ends, they should get enough bone to regulate stools.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Chicken thighs are fine. Be sure not to overfeed, it's easy to do. Just an ounce or so to begin. I take off the skin/fat blobs for beginners. They may not be able to eat much of the thigh bone, they are pretty hard. But if they can just chew on the knobby ends, they should get enough bone to regulate stools.
Ahh ok thanks what over part of the chicken is easier

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
I would suggest the ribs or even the backbone/spine or the keel (sternum) on the breast. Those are all pretty easy bones to chew. Legs and thigh bones are pretty hard. They can chew the cartilage and knobby ends of those bones though. Some people do chicken wings (cut in 3 sections) or necks.

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would suggest the ribs or even the backbone/spine or the keel (sternum) on the breast. Those are all pretty easy bones to chew. Legs and thigh bones are pretty hard. They can chew the cartilage and knobby ends of those bones though. Some people do chicken wings (cut in 3 sections) or necks.
Ok thanks for that.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I give Cricket neck bones for her bone because its easier to cut into small pieces. And then separate and use breast or leg. I give the big dog the meaty raw bone from whats left of the chicken leg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts