Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Aren't they so sweet :) Brothers at last.....

that is until Cocoa tries to take Chico's favorite toy, the Bee-ber!!

GIMME my BEEBER!!!!!!!!!

So Cocoa runs to the bed with Beeber...with Chico watching closely

Cocoa goes to get a drink and Chico makes his move......

the favorite bed in the house is 2 heated dog beds(shown in the pics), one turned upside down on the other one...
its SO warm and they both actually get in together at times...

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
Awwww, cute! Cocoa is similar in coloring to my little one, Faith.:love4:

btw: We exchanged Calleigh's clothes yesterday. They didn't have any in her size of what you originally bought, so we exchanged for 2 valentines dresses that are pink with red hearts and a pink & white polka-dot hoodie.:love1:

·
Registered
10,017 Posts
That bed sounds great!!! my girls have so many beds or i would probably order one. So funny how Cocoa tries to take Chicos favorite toy. my girls do that all the time. There are plenty of toys for everyone but they focus on one toy and they all want it. LOL

·
Registered
14,441 Posts
oh nooooooooooooo Chico! Cocoa has your beeberrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!! LOL!

These pics are great Jan. Aren't they cute together. Pics like this make me feel bad for Brody that he is an only child. Did it take Chico very long to adjust to a new baby in the family?

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Haha! Those photos are great and I love the story behind them :D
So how does the heated beds work? Are they attached to the mains, battery or just heat pads?

·
Premium Member
5,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
btw: We exchanged Calleigh's clothes yesterday.
awww... sorry .... but what she got sounds cute! got any pics??

Did it take Chico very long to adjust to a new baby in the family?
Chico growled and raised his hackles(first time I ever seen him do that) the first time I brought Cocoa home but after a couple of days, Chico finally started playing with Cocoa... now they get along OK as long as Cocoa leaves 'Hoggie and Beeber' alone... :)

So how does the heated beds work? Are they attached to the mains, battery or just heat pads?
both beds are the same, heated beds for dogs(Petco). I just turned one upside down on the other. It isn't hot inside but warm, they never laid on the beds just by themselves, guess they weren't warm enough. each bed has an electric cord that plugs into the wall or surge protector...

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Soooo cute! What a sweet pair of faces in the first pic.

It's just like my household - Axle couldn't care less about any toy except his Ted until Chloe picks up something and then he HAS TO HAVE IT!!!!

·
Registered
7,558 Posts
So happy for you and your little Chi family Jan! Chico and Cocoa are adorable
little guys :love7: How great that they are brothers now--so sweet :)

·
Registered
5,186 Posts
Did it take Chico very long to adjust to a new baby in the family?
My Mom and Dad and my husband and I live in 2 houses under one roof, and my Mom had a Maltese when we got Lulu. Lulu LOVED her, and she loved Lulu. Mom's Maltese died unexpectedly in June right before she turned 5 in August. Mom wanted another Maltese because she loves them, but I worried that Lulu would not allow another dog in the household because of what I had read about chihuahua's and what a vet had told me. We got one though, and Lulu was leary at first but was more scared of her than try to attack her. It didn't take but a few days and she grew on Lulu and Lulu even let her climb all over her without even snapping at her. They were great friends in no time. It might even go quicker with another chihuahua because they tend to be clanish.

·
Registered
5,542 Posts
So happy for you Jan. It will get better and better between them I bet. :)
Lucy wouldn't even acknowledge Leila for a solid month after I brought her home. And lucy is a very easy going dog. Now all my dogs get along great. I feel very blessed as I would hate to have to endure fighting. eek.
Cocoa is such a pretty boy!!! I am just so tickled sweet chico has a buddy! :D :D :D

·
Banned
10,704 Posts
Very glad that the pups are getting along better. They look adorable together.
And how clever are you Jan, the beds look great, super cozy! Love it.

·
Registered
4,652 Posts
Aww, they look adorable playing tug o war. :D Such sweet boys...I'm glad they're adjusting to one another! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts