Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I have a 'different' pet peeve today...Chico seems to LOVE lotion. Everytime either my hubby or I put lotion on, Chico goes crazy licking it off!!!! :shock: Does anyone know if this is 'safe' for him? :roll: He does the same thing when we get out of the shower!!! He goes to town licking the water off of us!!!! :roll:

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
im not sure, but i remember a story my mum told me, about when she was younger and a dog she had ate a whole tub of nivea cream. I just dont understand how it could possibly taste nice :? , nothing happened to that dog by the way
mia
x

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
Zeus does the same thing. I use to think he licked my legs even after showering because I'd shave my legs. Maybe the dog "sense" is that we have cuts all over our legs from shaving when really it's just the pores are wider from shaving?? I don't know, but it is strange.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts
Hershey licks my legs after I shower also. He has not done it yet with lotion, but then I've not used too much of it. He prob would though. LoL :lol: We have a cat we have to watch closely though, she goes crazy over muscle rub! When either of us use it, we have to fight her off of us. These crazy animals.... :roll:

·
Registered
118 Posts
I can't offer too much of a perspective, Wiz just licks me and anyone else all the time.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
My Bruiser loves to do that too. I don't let him, because he always ends up having a terrible "reverse sneezing" attack. :roll: I did read somewhere that it is not good for dogs to lick makeup off your face---the chemicals are not good for them.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybelline's a "licking machine", but we call them kisses :love7: Misty could care less. She is in her own little world and hardly ever gives licks or kisses. I think it's just because she had a very difficult first 8 months before we rescued her. The good news is that Maybelline has plenty of licks to go around!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Charley only likes one brand of "lotion". I can put on other things all day and he won't even acknowledged I've put it on ... but when I put on "Udderly Smooth" he licks every bit off! He LOVES that stuff!

·
Registered
854 Posts
My guys are forever trying to lick the lotion off my hands or face! Is it the scent of the lotions I wonder?? A lot of them sure smell edible! :lol:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
hehe my dog Jamie, the black lab, absolutley loves water and lotion and won't stop licking me till it is all off or i am dry! It hasn't harmed him yet, though he is about 40 pounds heavier than my chi, i but i think it is ok, just try to rub it in as much as possible.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
oh gosh! i thought been was the only one :roll:

he loves any kind of lotion.. but what makes me most mad is when he licks the EXPENSIVE one off my face.. it's like $90 a small bottle!! :shock:

·
Registered
718 Posts
Diego likes to lick the lotion off my face and hands as well but I don't usually let him...it couldn't be good for him, but makeup makes me more nervous. There are so many chemicals in that crap. Interesting that it doesn't make me stop wearing it! :lol: He also loves licking my legs when I get out of the shower, so I have to remember not to dry them off before he gets to them! :D

·
Registered
110 Posts
My dogs love when my legs are wet after a shower or I get out of the hot tub. They also LOVE my mom's face lotion. They don't care about regular lotion on legs or arms, but when my mom has just put on her face lotion they go crazy. I don't know why.. it must smell great to them. I don't know how it could be ok for them to have, so we try to not let them get it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts