Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's all I've been saying to him for the past few weeks! I don't know what his problem is, but he keeps trying to hump my male cat! It's getting very annoying. He never does it to my female cat, only my male cat, Gizmo. I've tried yelling at him, spraying him with a water bottle (which he thinks is a game) and I just don't know what to do. I think maybe it's time for him to get neutered. I just really don't want to do that...what can I do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
448 Posts
Tyson constantly humps my female cat Teo, for long periods of time, i think it's funny and since it's doin no harm i let him do it. Sometimes he even humps my male pom Sonic. I wont have tyson fixed just because his humping isnt hurting anyting so i'd rather no take the chance of something happening to him with surgery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
I know you're scared about the anesthesia but they will do blood work prior to the surgery to determine how well Chico can handle it. I know, there are still risks, even under the best of circumstances.

Lily's heart murmur dictates that when anesthesia is required, we go to a veterinary hospital and not just our vet's office. She had her most recent dental surgery there with an anesthesiologist on hand, just in case. She will have her next cleaning done there as well. You know me, I take no chances with Miss Lily. I'm lucky enough to have one of the country's best vet hospitals less than an hour away but trust me, I'd drive a good deal further if need be.

I think dogs are, in general, healthier if they are neutered. For me, that's the bottom line. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
113 Posts
My cairn terrier/chinese crested Memphis used to always hump my grammas cat when we would visit. Then he started in on my moms cat and then on my larger dog Recon. I tried everything to get him to stop. (Note: he was already nuetered) I found that putting some pennies, rocks or anything noisey, in a small coffee can and shaking it hard scared him and he would stop. After awhile of doing that he stopped.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
he's probably humping the poor, molested cat for two reasons... the perverted kind :D and dominance.

I agree with Rachael on spaying and neutering. For me, there's no reason to have an animal intact in your home unless you're a breeder. There are so many benefits to neutering; it just seems silly not to do it, in my opinion.

And neutering is such a non-invasive surgery, compared to other procedures - as well as being a common surgery - that worrying is silly as well, even though we all do it. I know I was a wreck the day Cooper had his heuvos taken from him but he was just fine.

If you have any doubts about the procedure, maybe you should go talk to your vet and discuss your concerns about the surgery and see if he or she can put your mind at ease with having it done. I know the people at my vet's office were tired of seeing me in there every day leading up to Cooper's knee surgery - I just poked around, asked loads of questions, asked for 5 references, etc... I was a major pain in the neck! But, in the end, I was comfortable with the decision for surgery and it kept my worrying down to a minimum (which really isn't saying much!)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I know you're scared about the anesthesia but they will do blood work prior to the surgery to determine how well Chico can handle it. I know, there are still risks, even under the best of circumstances.

Lily's heart murmur dictates that when anesthesia is required, we go to a veterinary hospital and not just our vet's office. She had her most recent dental surgery there with an anesthesiologist on hand, just in case. She will have her next cleaning done there as well. You know me, I take no chances with Miss Lily. I'm lucky enough to have one of the country's best vet hospitals less than an hour away but trust me, I'd drive a good deal further if need be.

I think dogs are, in general, healthier if they are neutered. For me, that's the bottom line. :)
I got sidetracked and didn't complete my thought here. :? What I was going to say is that perhaps you'd be more comfortable having Chico's procedure done at a veterinary hospital with an anesthesiologist present. I think it maximizes the chances of a good result... though, frankly, if Lily didn't have a heart murmur I'd trust my vet to do any such procedure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
you're right Rachael...I'm petrified of the anaestesia. I dread any kind of surgery, whether it be for me or my pets. (probably because i almost died while under during surgery) the vet clinic i would take chico to is a very very great place. I have no doubts they would treat him like a king, but the paranoia is still there. :oops:

i'm going to think about it. i know its best for him to be fixed, minimizing the risks of future health problems and such...but i'm just so afraid for him. he's so sensitive. i'll talk it over with my husband and see what he says. just be forewarned everybody, if i do decide to go through with the neutering this time, i will be a neurotic basketcase until he comes home and is all better...are you ready to put up with me? :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
... just be forewarned everybody, if i do decide to go through with the neutering this time, i will be a neurotic basketcase until he comes home and is all better...are you ready to put up with me? :lol:
We already put up with all the other neurotic basket cases around here... have you met Jolie's Mom?? :lol: :lol:

<finding a good place to hide>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
just be forewarned everybody, if i do decide to go through with the neutering this time, i will be a neurotic basketcase until he comes home and is all better...are you ready to put up with me? :lol:
I know you'll be a mess but I'm willing to chance it. I'll even give you a good slap like they do in the movies when the person is out of control. :laughing5:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Rachael Polachek said:
I know you'll be a mess but I'm willing to chance it. I'll even give you a good slap like they do in the movies when the person is out of control. :laughing5:
hey... we could brush up on our Three Stooges routines!! She could be Curly (I never liked Shemp) and we could spend our day, poking her in the eyes and tweaking her nose!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
you guys are to funny :lol: if you're gonna slap me, just be sure and slap the left side (my right side is my best side) :lol:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
332 Posts
I have to say this whole conversation is funny :lol: . Marcus has no animals to hump so he has resorted to humping my arm :cwm21: . He's getting fixed next month!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,425 Posts
Chico's Mama said:
you guys are to funny :lol: if you're gonna slap me, just be sure and slap the left side (my right side is my best side) :lol:
hmm... that might be hard for me to do... I'm left-handed. Maybe I could just make the "woo-woo-woo" noises and poke your eyes out. Rachael?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,807 Posts
Cooper said:
Chico's Mama said:
you guys are to funny :lol: if you're gonna slap me, just be sure and slap the left side (my right side is my best side) :lol:
hmm... that might be hard for me to do... I'm left-handed. Maybe I could just make the "woo-woo-woo" noises and poke your eyes out. Rachael?
I'm right-handed so I'll take care of the slapping and you do the noises and eye poking. I think we have all our bases covered. :wave:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well, you guys might want to start putting in bids to smack my husband up a little bit...i told him i want to get Chico neutered and he said he doesn't want to. i told him he better re-think his decision because not only will it be better for Chico, but it will also be better for him because he wont have me nagging him 24/7 until he agrees to it. :D
 
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Top