Chihuahua People Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to bring Chico to the vet tomorrow :cry: ...I think he might have a collapsed trachea. He is still acting like his normal, goofy self, but he has started this light coughing and it only happens after he eats or drinks. i looked it up online and it said symptoms can be coughing after eating/drinking, and with the little episode he had the other night, i'm not taking any chances. please pray for my little boy...i'm so nervous. i don't know what i'd do without him.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks everyone for your thoghts and prayers...i really appreciate it. Now, for an update: I couldn't wait to bring him until tomorrow (my paranoid mind got the best of me) so today we went. he DOES NOT have a collapsed trachea....THANK GOD! What IS wrong with him is partially my fault though. :( The part thats NOT my fault is allergens. Theres so much crap flying around in the air and its affecting his little body...it also doesn't help that my darn carpet in my apartment is like 10 years old! So, I will be getting a free carpet and air duct clean (courtesy of my crappy...oops, i mean LOVELY apartment complex).

the second part...well, it is my fault. i noticed that when chico is in the living room and he eats and drinks...he coughs a little afterwards. But, when he eats and drinks in the bedroom...he is totally fine. Please don't yell at me for what i'm about to tell you, because i'm already beating myself up over this, and i actually broke down crying when i was told this. the other reason why he sometimes gets like this, is because of cigarette smoke. Now, I usually smoke outside, but sometimes i have a few in the apartment...well, thats DONE! I'm NEVER smoking in my apartment again. I will smoke outside until i can get enough will power to quit. Chico should NOT suffer for my stupid habits. I feel terrible. i keep hugging him and apologizing to him because i feel so bad.i think i mist have given him 4 treats since we been home because i feel so bad.

well, i wanted to give you guys an update...its kinda long, sorry. thank you again for your thoughts and prayers. :)

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Iam glad it was not anything serious and you are doing whatever you have to do to keep himhealthy.I also smoke but only outside and i know where you coming from its soooo hard to quit.Good luck :) :wave:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Rachael Polachek said:
Thank God Chico will be fine. That's the main thing. And you're already beating yourself up so much I wouldn't dream of saying anything. You know you did wrong and now you're fixing it. You're still one of the great chi moms in my book. :)
Thank you so much...yes, I am so disappointed in myself and i feel so guilty. i'm taking chico to the big park down the road this weekend to try and make up for it. we'll pack a lunch and make a day of it. i think he'll have fun.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I am so glad to hear that he will be fine. I am a smoker too which is really bad I know, but I too smoke outside. You know what the problem is and your doing the right thing so try not to be to hard on yourself. :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts