Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
My name is Lisa I live in Massachusetts. I am going to be picking up my new chihuahua today at the airport. I am very excited. I lost my chihuahua two years ago. I also have two mini daschunds.Has anyone tried their puppy on a raw diet mixed with kibble?

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Hi - and welcome. I am relatively new to this site myself. I think you will find a lot of friendly and knowledgeable people on this site. But I have to warn you - it can become addictive! :lol:

Am sure you will be so happy to get your new furbaby. I have an 8 mo. old female, long hair chi and she keeps me busy. They bring so much joy to your life though.

I have read about the raw diet, and have thought about trying it. It is supposed to be very healthy for them. Most of the info I have read uses the chopped raw meat along with finely chopped raw veggies and ground eggshells or bone meal - think it is call the BARF diet (doesn't sound very appetizing does it?). However if you are getting a young puppy, I think I would wait on the raw food until it is a little older. I would be afraid to try it on a very young puppy - their tummies are still pretty sensitive at that young age.

Good luck to you, and keep us posted. :wave:

Lynn

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
Hi and welcome - Im so excited for you - you must tell us all about it and post pics if you can - good luck and were here if you need any help :wave:

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Hey! Welcome to the forum!! Don't forget to post pics of your new baby!! :wave: :wave:

·
Registered
7,269 Posts
HI & welcome as for the raw diet Ive never tried it, it just seems gross to me. I would definatly wait till your pup is at least a year old before you try it.

·
Registered
6,628 Posts
Welcome to the forum :wave:

I've never done the raw diet thing, my vet told me that it's not good for them. But I know that a few people on here use it (I think). So you'd have to ask their opinion. I just feed Lina regular puppy food (Narural Choice).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts