Chihuahua People Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats been your experience with the chihuahua weight chart? From what Ive seen it dosent seem to be very accurate. My firends chi was 2 lbs. at 12 wks. and is only 3.5 pounds at 2 yrs. Has the chart been correct with your chis? Also When will my 3 mo. old chi get his long coat? You can tell he has a longer coat but when will it come in fully?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
The Chihuahua weight chart was somewhat accurate for me, but not totally. Lola and Bosco weighed roughly the same weight at 8 weeks old, but they are more than 2 pounds different now that they are full-grown.

Long coats will take a while to come in all the way - I think I have heard up to 2 years, but I'm sure you will get a more detailed answer soon. :)

·
Registered
7,716 Posts
long hair chi's can take up to 2 even 3 years to get their full coat.

as for the chart, some say it's accurate some say it's not. so far chiwi has been pretty consistent from birth to now as to how much she will weigh full grown, but who knows.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
The chart has been pretty accurate with Jasmine also. But, as with all charts of this nature, there will be exceptions. I think the chart is meant as a guideline only, not necessarily completely accurate all the time.

On the long hair chi coats, I've also heard up to 3 years to get their full coat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts