Chihuahua People Forum banner

Chihuahua booties...what do you think of them?

2K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  AussieLass 
#1 ·
What is your opinion on these chihuahua/dog booties??

I was thinking of getting some for Zeus and Isis for winter but I'm not sure if they are necessaries or ridiculous and frivolous...reveiws/feedback is mostly mixed opinions :?

See less See more
#2 ·
I do giggle at the thought, HOWEVER, they can be very useful during the winter, especially in England! This winter we will live in the coldest climate we've ever experienced so I was considering getting some for Miya as well. At our petstore, I found reusable disposable booties. They looked like small balloons :)

#4 ·
i researched dog boots and bought the highest quality ones i could find. they are called mutlucks. well, my dogs would not even let me put them on them. so the store i bought them from had a good return policy and i sent them back.

i didnt buy them for looks, i bought because we get alot of snow here in the winter and minnie especially cant stay out too long in the snow.
so, if they will wear them , i think they are great !

#13 ·
I have these as well Elaine and they are the best you can buy, however they take a long time for dogs to adjust to, my old dog now passed away, took about a month to get used to them, I have not tried them on the Chi's because Mimi needs the smallest size available and they don't make a size to fit Bijou!
But he does have those balloon foot cover things.. for rain and muck.

#8 ·
I saw ones that looked like high tops, All Star basketball shoes..they were so cute EXPENSIVE but they were also kind of bulky. They would seem goofy I think on a little chi. I think they are necessary in very cold climates, I just dont think they have to be all cutsey and showy.

I think the more less flashy the better. Thats my taste though. Same for clothes. I think clothes are cute but I really prefer not to put them on my girl. A sweater or jacket for winter, yeah, but thats it.

#9 ·
Hey girls,
Sorry I can't reply to each of you individually but my computer is sooo sloww!!! I think because of the fact I have a feeling this winter will be awful I'll look into them. I know they have ones that are like £60+ but that's eye-watering!! I can get myself some gorgeous boots for that ha ah!!

I don't really want them for 'costume' purpose or to be showy but I know chi's feet are sensitive so I think I'll get some weatherproof socks or something. I want to protect my babies feet! I did see some that were like converse I had to control myself though cs I love converse lol x

#14 ·
TBH I cant see London getting cold enough to need dog boots. Im only about 40 miles away and even during the really freezing winter a couple of years ago my lot were fine, I just cut walks to no longer then half hour at a time.
The only other reason I can see is if they react badly to road grit/salt on their pads (but usually if you are washing them off when they get in then you dont have a problem).

#15 ·
Inhuman I tell you, it's absolutely inhuman that man or beast should live in such temperatures ... we over here just can't begin to imagine what that must be like. I get full on winter depression and our dead of winter here is like an English summer.

Is it LS who uses wax to protect her babies pads from snow, ice & sleet?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.